Backdoor recall possibility?

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Presumably Apple will take some steps in the manufacturing process to eradicate the antenna problem, so if you take them up on their offer to return your phone now, and then wait a few months, then get a new phone and contract, you will have a new phone without the problem? What do you think?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like what everyone else is thinking. The only thing there, is you are without an iPhone for a few months. I could not live without mine for ten minutes let alone a few months.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Who says they're in progress of improving the phone? who says anything will be different internally or externally? no one said that, just because it ends sept 30 doesnt mean some magical new design is coming out, you're assuming way to much bro.

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Well I waited a long time to upgrade my 2G phone, but I use the death grip as my normal hold, so its causing me a problem. No-one has said that they will fix it, but I can't believe that they won't try and fix it. I know a bumper would help, but having waited so long for my new phone I would be most unhappy to find that there is a replacement/fix just a few months away, and I have a two year contract. I still have my 2G and I think I would rather wait for new version.
I know that the shops bought users "old" 3GS on launch day, they are the people whow would definitely be the losers as they would have no back up.

Rock48nj

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Dodgey analysts and websites masquerading as news outlets that have previously acted as moth pieces for questionable equity research say so.. ones that were started by some loud mouth on CNBC.

MrCippy

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
great pick for title of this thread, real classy. ;)

I don't see them doing anything like this. They stated what they wanted to do, and are going to do.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Who says they're in progress of improving the phone? who says anything will be different internally or externally? no one said that, just because it ends sept 30 doesnt mean some magical new design is coming out, you're assuming way to much bro.

You are correct, the only thing I see them saying is that you won't be able to get a free bumper after Sept 30th.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
You are correct, the only thing I see them saying is that you won't be able to get a free bumper after Sept 30th.

yeah thats true but i would assume that they would think about a permanent fix. now the question is this: does the white iphone coming late july have the same antenna problem or is fixed?

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Having thought about this a bit more, IF they do release a new version with the antenna problem fixed, then they are going to get a lot of phones being accidently broken to swap them for the new version. BUT maybe they are happy with that, it gives them time, which is what they need right now.
Having re-read my thread title, I can see why some people may have been lured here expecting a different conversation. Please accep my humble apologies:D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Since Jobs flat out said they hadn't found any "fix," I expect the white ones to be identical to the black ones as far as usage. So some will be problematic ... and some won't.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site

X2!!! But a lot of people are doing the same.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually, having seen the same process repeated in other smart phones and the fact that my phone runs fine- I don't see them trying to redo this phone when they're probably working on next year's phone.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Having thought about this a bit more, IF they do release a new version with the antenna problem fixed, then they are going to get a lot of phones being accidently broken to swap them for the new version. BUT maybe they are happy with that, it gives them time, which is what they need right now.
Having re-read my thread title, I can see why some people may have been lured here expecting a different conversation. Please accep my humble apologies:D

I know if you return your phone with At&T within a year they give you a refurb phone and not a new one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner