Apple isnt stupid thinking it is iS

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
That article is very snide and negative... The bumpers actually do protect the phone as they have a lip and protect the sides of the device. They protect the front more than most hard cases. Furthermore, they look really good on the white iPhone...

I really highly doubt the bumpers are part of some nefarious plot. Apple isn't like that, they care about the consumer, whether you want to believe that or not.

Moonbase0ne

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It does seem odd that the reception issue was found out within the 1st 48 hours of the phones release yet no one found out about it in the months of testing for the phone...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Give me a break.

We reached this conclusion after testing all three of our iPhone 4s (purchased at three separate retailers in the New York area) in the controlled environment of CU's radio frequency (RF) isolation chamber. In this room, which is impervious to outside radio signals, our test engineers connected the phones to our base-station emulator, a device that simulates carrier cell towers (see video: IPhone 4 Design Defect Confirmed). We also tested several other AT&T phones the same way, including the iPhone 3G S and the Palm Pre. None of those phones had the signal-loss problems of the iPhone 4.

Apple is worth billions and the iphone is a huge part of that. Are you telling me at Apple HQ, they don't have anything in place that is similar or superior to Consumer Report's isolation chamber?

The new iphone design was bragged upon and new. Obviously they tested it...thoroughly. And not merely by field testing it in 3GS cases.

My guess is that they knew about the loss of attenuation with holding it but didn't think it a big deal especially because it had improved reception. Many have reported fewer dropped calls and better reception in areas where they previously couldn't get a signal. I'd say Bumpers were born with this in mind as well as for more comfort.

lorin.bute

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
People don't start a business because they care about other people. They start a business because they want to make money. Add some good lessons about customer retention and you've got the mirage of "it cares about it's customers".

There's no business in the world that cares so much about its customers. Even Google with its "don't be evil" motto is after money. Every free service they offer somehow binds you to their search engine which generates money.

I think companies can do mistakes and Apple was due for one. You can't be perfect. They just need to fix it in a nice manner.

etexans82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That article is very snide and negative... The bumpers actually do protect the phone as they have a lip and protect the sides of the device. They protect the front more than most hard cases. Furthermore, they look really good on the white iPhone...

I really highly doubt the bumpers are part of some nefarious plot. Apple isn't like that, they care about the consumer, whether you want to believe that or not.

Just another brainwashed customer. It's ok to luv a product but open your eyes woman! This company doesn't care more about their customers than any other company set out to make money. Wake up Jellotime91!

AGreenGiant

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Apple is just like any other company, they are out to make money. But they do care about their consumers. That's why they have so many returning customers because they sell great products and, from my experience, their customer support team ranks higher than most.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Also, less people used a case because the iPhone 4 has a real sleek look. Maybe every smartphone has the same, if not worse, problems.

Yes, and because 3G cases could be used on the 3GS, so 3G owners didn't need to buy a new case when they got their 3GS. 3GS -> iPhone 4 owners have to buy a new case.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2