Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Elite

2,237 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Default Apple, I Mean A “Source”, Confirms There Will Be No iPhone 4 Recall

iMore Expert

910 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

Gathering from what I've read from many others on this forum, the Apple Stores seem to have a very liberal exchange policy/philosophy. So if the are some kind of secret design changes in the later batch of phones that fixes these issues, I'll setup an appointment with a genius and get it exchanged.

That's my version of a recall. And if they don't exchange it, they will be met with swift and blinding violence.....joking....
    iMore Genius

8,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

assuming they do make "secret changes" in the hardware, i wonder how much longer i should wait to get one
    iPhone Newbie

46 Posts

Yeah silent recall is gonna happen...
    iPhone Newbie

28 Posts
    Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

Quick question. if you order a iP4 online from ATT and need to take it back for service or whatever, can you take it to a ATT store? Or do you have to take it to a Apple store?
    iPhone Nanite

7 Posts

Why would any company issue a recall on a product that can be returned for a 100% refund and a waived restocking fee? Is it just me or have the media/phone blogs gotten out of hand? Get a grip people... All these media/blog people seem to be fanning the flames just to get hits on their websites and its kind of sickening. Anybody that has an iPhone 4 and has an issue can GET THEIR MONEY BACK! Oh and if you sold your phone and don't have a back up sorry but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Use your refund money to buy a 3GS, Blackberry, Palm, or Android! Now having said that my personal opinion is that the phone does have a reception issue and I hope they are able to fix it without a required case/bumper (even though I do have a bumper on mine because I don't want the back to get covered in scratches/no reception problems with the bumper on BTW). Just my thoughts, don't attack me please... LOL.
    iMore Pro

706 Posts

A recall means they would take it back to fix it.
    Everyone knows that they can return it and get a refund.

It's like car business. They do a recall to fix a problem. And in most states if the manufacturer is not dealing with a serious issue on an automobile , you cam get your money back under the lemon laws.
    But the point is , people love iPhone and the want an iPhone. They just want one that is the latest but works properly. I don't see it as too much to ask for Apple to provide people with a product that works. Specially since this phone wasn't a cheap one to begin with.

My guess is apple chooses the free bumper route.