iOS 4.0.1 Breaks Passcode Lock...

alexberry

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Having updated to iOS 4.0.1, I decided to Reset All Settings, as this seemed to be a suggested solution to a problem I'm having of not receiving Facebook Push Notifications.

Anyway, having done the reset, I set about returning my settings to how I like them. By default, the Passcode is not set, so I went to reset the Passcode.

The 'Require Passcode' setting is 'Immediately' by default, but I like to give myself 15 minutes before it locks the phone. However, selecting the option to change the setting reveals that the only option now available is 'Immediately'...

Below the option, the old text that says "Shorter times are more secure" is still there, but there are no alternative settings to select.

This is going to seriously bug me, and I'm not one to complain... I haven't complained at all about the pesky antenna situ, for example...

Can someone else confirm if this is an issue for them too??

Many thanks

alexberry

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Great, thanks for your help folks... Sorry if I caused a panic over something already answered...

For anyone reading here, the fix appears to be to either:

a) a Restore to new phone via iTunes;

or

b) Download the iPhone Configuration Utility and fix it that way...

Thanks again,

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It's 4.0 that does that. They actually switched
my device out because of that and the proximity
sensor issue I've been having.

I had mine set to 5 and after doing the Reset,
immediately was the only option. I won't be
using Reset anymore. I did it because someone
stated it helped their proximity issue.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

Interesting. I just got my device switched out today as well. Originally when I had a 3GS and upgraded to 4.0, I had to do a reset and restore because it screwed everything up. When I got the 4, I just set it up with the 3GS backup since I had just restored a day earlier. I have not had any issues since and my options are still there.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Duvi,
Any issues with cheek dialing on your new device? Mine was all good for about 1 week then the proximity issue started happening every other call. Only when holding the phone up to my left ear......Man SJ must really hate us southpaws.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

This happened to me as well. I restored it as new because I was still having proximity sensor issues.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I did a restore as new on 4.0 and still have the options up to 4hrs. I have nit updated to 4.01 yet as I am waiting to see if it screws up the phone. I was happy with 4.0.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2