Will returning your iPhone 4 void your ATT contract?

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Just as the title states, will returning your new iPhone 4 void the 2-Year contract with AT&T? Or will this just burn your upgrade opportunity?

If one later decides to get another iPhone 4, will they be subject to paying full unsubsidized rate?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've seen mixed messages on this. On Apple forum I seen a few people say that AT&T wouldn't cancel their new 2 year contract, but I've seen others say they contacted AT&T and they were rolled back. I wish we knew the official word on this.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps I should have been more specific.

My question pertains to the most recent renewal contact signed when purchasing the iPhone 4. Prior to the purchase I was using my 3GS and still within it's two year contact.

So my question is, if I decide to return, will it void the upgrade contact related to the iPhone 4? And if so, will I still maintain the option for an "early upgrade", as previously provided by ATT, to purchase the iPhone 4 at a later date?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Should void your new contract and revert to old one. Check to make sure it happens because AT&T might not recognize you took it back to Apple. It's something to stay on top of if you do.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are like me and started new service you should be able to return the phone within the trial window offered. What Apple should be doing is telling unhappy customers they can return the phone with NO restock fee at all. Charging 10% is total BS especially if what is being touted about who knew what and when comes to be true.

Now this is my first iPhone and AT&T isn't perfect, ok I get 1 bar at my house but I have a backkup verizon phone at home. Otherwise I have a case on mine, I would like my $30 back for the bumper though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro