Press conference Friday

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
When I saw this I jumped for joy. Even though all this crap about faulty hardware and what not is going around. I am hoping, and strongly believe they will finally announce a Canadian / Other places launch date.. that would make my day.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
This should be Interesting. Let's start a wager. Is he gonna give us bumpers or is he just announcing the update. I say he is just announcing the update and clarifying what the actual antenna issue is

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
This should be Interesting. Let's start a wager. Is he gonna give us bumpers or is he just announcing the update. I say he is just announcing the update and clarifying what the actual antenna issue is

My money is on the announcement and update. Jobs isn't going to give anything away for free.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My money is on the announcement and update. Jobs isn't going to give anything away for free.

I agree with you, I don't see him giving away bumpers, but perhaps announcing the update and trying to clarify the issue and exactly what the update will address. Like someone else said I sure and hell hope they address the proximity issue too.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
they are going to announce iHat, the hat that will, via bluetooth, properly turn off the screen of the iPhone when it is pressed against your head. It is also made of magical, purely designed and patented iFoil, which, when touching the iPhone 4's antenna, raises the number of bars you get to 6.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
they are going to announce iHat, the hat that will, via bluetooth, properly turn off the screen of the iPhone when it is pressed against your head. It is also made of magical, purely designed and patented iFoil, which, when touching the iPhone 4's antenna, raises the number of bars you get to 6.

"this one goes to eleven"

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i am thinking he will announce the update will be released friday night or monday morning. and he will probably not give away any free bumpers but i don't know something like this to be announced like this on a spur of the moment it could be a recall also.

anon(17713)

Banned
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This should definitely be interesting. The most important aspect of this press conference will be the tone more so than the content. Apple has been pretty arrogant and dismissive up until this point. We need a Clinton "I feel your pain.." moment...then a solution.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
People will still be disappointed no matter what Apple says. Unless Apple does this, this, that, and that, I won't be happy. Waaaah.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Dude. It's a mob mentality, I hear the same buzz words over and over. "arrogant" "recall" "design flaw" the media sure can be powerful at telling people what to think

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I see a free bumper for all (or those that want one). But they'll also reinforce that reception is still better. That the iphone 4 has received stellar reviews.

It's the cheapest way out for em. And if you think of CR as the voice of the mainstream, they've already indicated (implied) they'd change their recommendation with a free bumper. CNET possibly would give an editors choice. And so on. No doubt Apple has asked them about it.

They might possibly, and this is reaching, mention that they've also teamed up with AT&T to provide free Microcells for iphone owners experiencing reception problems in a further effort help alleviate the problem.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Free bumpers for everyone is by far cheaper than a "repair" or a recall by several orders of magnitude. It really makes sense that if they choose to "do something" that is what they will do. I can't agree with cardfan more.

I think a LOT of people are going to be disappointed with the Friday announcement.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Dude. It's a mob mentality, I hear the same buzz words over and over. "arrogant" "recall" "design flaw" the media sure can be powerful at telling people what to think

BS, not everyone has to read this from the media to know these to be true, unless you are just a totally blind Apple fanatic, in which case they could never do any wrong!