What would you do if you were Apple?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You just made my point better than I ever could. Fact is if Apple was half the stand up company that so many seem to hell bent to defend, returning it and that being necessary to send a message would not or should not be required.

I still feel that we as consumers have more power than any of us realize. You do not need to return a product to exercise it either, though ultimately no longer doing future business with them maybe your only alternative if they fail to do right by consumers in this situation. I also think many are waiting for them to be the company we know they can be, so they are sitting tight. I guess we will have the answer on Friday.

I think if they cannot get the update out before the return date they need to extend it so that folks can try the update to see if they are satisfied. Then make a decision because people do want to keep these phones because not all is bad and many things are good. Other than the antenna and proximety issue the phone is great. Many will opt to use cases but that is a work around not a resolution. I think them extending the return window in good faith is likely.

I agree with you returning the phone is a fix to regain the funds you spent for a product. But I feel that is far worse for Apple than them just owning it and offering a fix or solution of some sort. If I ever return a product I am likely done doing business with you for good.

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Well it looks like were arguing the same side. Cool! I tell you what. No matter what is said on Friday I am a satisfied customer already.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well it looks like were arguing the same side. Cool! I tell you what. No matter what is said on Friday I am a satisfied customer already.

Me too because I have looked at other options because I wanted to see what was out there. There is nothing that come close to the iPhone in my book! I see no reason to give up on Apple yet, but some will feel differently! I get that.

deeddawg

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
If people's lives were on the line, like with the Toyota fiasco, then Apple would recall.

Funny thing about the Toyota sudden acceleration fracas is, the US NHTSA is now finding that it apparently was driver error in all but one of the cases they studied.

Think we'll see that splashed across the newspaper front pages and all the TV news/talk shows? Unlikely.

More info: Crash Data Suggest Driver Error in Toyota Accidents - WSJ.com

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
What a great find, deeddawg. (giggle). An example of the media jumping the gun causing
Mass hysteria.

I for one believe none of what I hear and only half of what I see with my own eyes

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I for one believe none of what I hear and only half of what I see with my own eyes

Well I think a lot of us have seen the antenna situation with our own eyes and some of you that haven't had it are still in denial about it being real it seems. So should the media not cover this at all? I don't think it is being over hyped. When you announce a new product as being magical, revolultionary, nothing else like it. Then you find out you can't hold it a certain way because of issues. That deserves to be covered by the media.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods