Help: Photos/Video imported from iPhone are rotated 90?

Dipstix6996

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
When I import photos/videos to my computer from my iPhone I noticed the majority of them have been rotated 90?. Example: I take a video of a person walking with my iPhone held vertical (lock button facing sky).

When I import the video onto my computer it some how gets rotated. The person is still walking but the sidewalk is on the right (instead of down) and the person's head is to the left (instead of up)

Any Ideas:confused:

Dipstix6996

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Example: Here is my bike i took a pic of with my phone vertical. This is how it was imported to my computer. A side note though. When i did upload this image to photobucket, it was uploaded correctly.

Picture074.jpg

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What are you using to do the import? I just drag/drop and my photos are always oriented properly. Videos are usually only oriented properly if viewed in QuickTime.

Dipstix6996

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I open my computer and open the iPhone (camera icon) folder and drag the files out.

I did notice if i use quick time after dragging files out the vid is ok. I used VLC and it was crooked. However, VLC does play one of my vids normal. Weird!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I open my computer and open the iPhone (camera icon) folder and drag the files out.

I did notice if i use quick time after dragging files out the vid is ok. I used VLC and it was crooked. However, VLC does play one of my vids normal. Weird!

there has been many people complaining about having this happen when emailing the photos and videos to themselves but none that have talked about it when importing to the computer this is a first ill submit the bug to apple

Dipstix6996

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
there has been many people complaining about having this happen when emailing the photos and videos to themselves but none that have talked about it when importing to the computer this is a first ill submit the bug to apple

Never thought about submitting to apple. Thanks!

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I've gotten this complaint from a friend recently as well...that the video I shot came out sideways when they viewed it on their home computer. Please let us know if there is a fix.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Im on a pc and this is happening to me also. The pics i can just rotate but the vids are all messed up any help?

KevvyMcD

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
i would try editing the video/photo in an editing software such as photoshop or sony vegas and make sure the orientation is correct in the editing program and save it make sure you save then try opening it up again. sometimes if you take videos with the iphone 4 holding it portrait and switch to landscape during the filing it messes up the video

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've also discovered when using Windows Live Photo Gallery to import, it offers to rotate photos in the settings.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
My pictures are always sent in landscape mode when I e-mail them, no matter how the photo is taken. How do we submit to apple for a fix.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods