Transferring Iphone Video to Imovie

Dadman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from vacation where I took lots of really cool video on my iphone. Can anyone tell me if I can transfer the video from my phone to my Macbook to use in Imovie? If so, how?

Thanks!

BrandonB

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using an application for the Mac OSX called PhoneView by ecamm. It was a $20 investment but it has proven to be well worth the price. It allows you to access the phone directly, dragging and dropping the videos and photos to your computer with great ease. Additional features include access to notes, call logs, messages, and voicemail. Making it easy to access this data for other purposes and or use.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Import them via iPhoto. When I plug my iPhone into my iMac, iPhoto launches automatically and gives me the option to import all photos and videos at their original quality.

Dadman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Import them via iPhoto. When I plug my iPhone into my iMac, iPhoto launches automatically and gives me the option to import all photos and videos at their original quality.

Ok, I know how to do that but once they are in iphoto I can't find them on my Macbook (I can't find the file to import them into Imovie).

Can you tell me how to move them out of Iphoto?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

After you have done the above, Open iMovie => Select "New Project". A "Payne" will appear that says " Drag Media Here".

Now YMMV on this but my iMovie has 3 Windows. Two on top, next to each other, and one larger one on bottom. There is a "tool bar" running horizontally separating the two smaller windows on top from the larger one on bottom. To the far right of that "tool bar" is a camera icon. Click that and a Menu Window of iPhoto will open up and you can find your Media. Then just drag it into the top left window.

Again that is what I do, yours may appear differently but should be basically the same. There are also Tutorial videos on Apple.com on how to get started with iMovie.

Goo Luck! Hope this helps some.:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh