Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default upgrade Question?

Okay so I am locked into a blackberry with Rogers in Canada until my 2 year mark in December 2010 - desperately want out and into an Iphone which is a way better device all around. Recently found out through my work I can upgrade to an Iphone 3GS 32GB now, or I can wait until December for the Iphone 4 16GB through Rogers. Seeing as how the Iphone 4 isn't available in Canada yet and I've nevered had/known anyone with a 3GS either, what are people thinking? Is it worth the wait? a few better specs yes, but basically coming from a blackberry 8900 everything is going to be better. I want apps and a good internet browser more than you know.

iPhone Newbie

15 Posts

trust me its worth the wait....you will love your ip4 once you get it !!!! dont even consider 3gs. i have both and there is no comparison.
    iPhone Newbie

23 Posts

Well you are coming from never having an iphone and if all you are looking for is internet and apps the 3gs should be perfectly fine. However, the iPhone 4 is way better than any other iPhone or any phone for that matter. So it all just depends on what you want to do but both are good options. If I were you I would probably wait it out for the iPhone 4 seeing that you do not have a huge problem with your phone now and you would have to wait until December which isn't to far away!
    iMore Elite

2,237 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Waiting has benefits too. Bugs are likely to be worked out in software of which there's some. Still waiting on many apps to be updated. Others like netflix won't arrive til later this summer. Waiting on jailbreak as well.