Swapping phones around. A question...

pat_the_cat

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
I got my iP4 a few days ago. I am confident that I am sticking with it. So my 3GS went to the wife and the 3G went to the daughter for an iPod. Backed up 3G and restored 3GS for wife with no issue. Restored 3G to stock and ran into an issue with "No Sim Installed" at activation point in iTunes. My question is if I was to throw in my old SIM from the 3GS into the 3G and activate the phone would I have issues with me iP4?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
No because your old 3GS sim card has been deactivated. I did exactly what you are asking and it worked perfectly for making the old 3G an iPod. It will just say NO Service on the screen. To save battery life just turn off 3G and Data in the setting.

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
I'm glad I saw this thread. I seemed to recall reading a long while back that an iPhone without AT&T activation would be a doorstep (unless you jailbroke it). Is this a fairly new development?

Once the new version of Skype comes out, this would even make a 3GS a still-usable phone (when in WiFi range).

So what about using it with a pay-as-you-go SIM card? Is that possible these days?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro