Please help: Voicemail and data not working!

silvrwoman

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I updated my iPhone to software 4.0, and now anything that requires internet on my phone, only works with Wifi, not the 3g network. Also, my voicemail is now blank. What happened and how can I fix this? Thanks!
Also this makes me very angry at Apple for suggesting I upgrade to the new software :mad:

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I updated my iPhone to software 4.0, and now anything that requires internet on my phone, only works with Wifi, not the 3g network. Also, my voicemail is now blank. What happened and how can I fix this? Thanks!
Also this makes me very angry at Apple for suggesting I upgrade to the new software :mad:

Jailbroke with spirit before you updated to 4 im assuming?

Very known issue.

Easiest fix is to restore the phone and DO NOT let it restore the data from a backup. Set it up as a new phone

silvrwoman

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I previously used Spirit - now feel like an idiot for jailbraking my phone, I was just so curious.

But if I restore my phone but don't let it restore the data from a backup, won't I lose all my info - like my contacts? Is there a way to save my contacts to my computer before I restore? Thanks

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I previously used Spirit - now feel like an idiot for jailbraking my phone, I was just so curious.

But if I restore my phone but don't let it restore the data from a backup, won't I lose all my info - like my contacts? Is there a way to save my contacts to my computer before I restore? Thanks

Well if you have Mobile Me you can back up your contacts that way. I also think that Google has some sort of sync service that will work with the iPhone but I'm not sure. And there is always the tried and true method of saving the contacts to your sim card, that always used to work for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2