How to scroll right?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is something that has just stymied me, and I'm hoping there's an easy solution I've overlooked. Here's the problem:

-type a long search string at google.com in mobile safari, hit Go.
-realize I want to change the last word in my search.
-tap on the search bar to make the change
-THEN find I can't scroll to the end of my search to change the last word; anything past the X at the end of the search bar is inaccessible. I usually end up having to start from scratch.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something, and once in a while I've been able to make the text selection start at the end of my old search, but I can't figure out HOW it's happening...

EDIT: I realized after I posted this that simply moving to landscape view is enough to solve the problem most of the time...I'm still wondering about a solution in portrait mode though.

thanks for any help!
Massie

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hold down your finger to bring up the magnifying glass. Drag it in the direction you want to scroll through the textZ

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If you just bring up the magnifying glass and scroll slow over to the end the phrase will move.. in either position.. landscape or portrait

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all, I get that part...what bugs me is that the scrolling will often stop when it reaches the "X" icon at the far right of the text box, not allowing me to see the end of the phrase.

At that point, I can either switch to landscape (where the extra room usually means I'll be able to see the whole search string) or just delete letters from the middle of the phrase until the end is visible, then move to the end and start deleting again. Occasionally, the cursor will jump past the "X" icon and out of the box altogether without scrolling the text, which means I won't even be able to see what I'm deleting.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had that issue, and I purposely double checked before I posted that and didn't have any problems ... strange

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Good to know, thanks. Could be an artifact due to restoring from a JB backup, maybe. Not the end of the world, I guess.