My journey to iPhone 4

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok I thought I would share my little journey from all the devices I have used in the past until now.

This was the year when I started hearing about two things, one was something called Android. All I knew or did not know was it was Google's attempt to get into the wireless business. The other thing was an Apple iPhone that was full touch screen which after seeing the promotional commercials before the device came out enticed me a lot. I remember saying that this was by far the best looking phone I have ever seen. At the time I was on Sprint using the HTC Mogul powered by windows. I opened a line with Verizon to get the Blackberry curve. I ended up having replacing my Mogul for a Blackberry pearl which I than closed my Sprint account.

This was the year that there was talk of yet another iPhone but no one knew what it would consist of, we than later on saw the design and what came with it was 3G changing the way CDMA carriers referred to their EVDO to 3G and everyone began adopting the phrase 3G. I still did not get it as I saw nothing new that enticed me, but I started hearing about a touch screen Blackberry which really sparked my interest. That November 25th, my birthday I picked up my Blackberry Storm. which of course had its issues I looked over them and did my best trying to convince myself that it WAS better than the iPhone 3G.

January came and we started seeing this Palm Pre and wondering what would it bring. I remember telling myself this is the first company that actually was brave enough to copy Apple on how their phone operated. I thought to myself and told others, man this might be the phone to give Apple a run for their money. June came and seems like I was wrong, I ended up winning a free Palm Pre so I started Sprint service again to give this device a chance. Well it was an ok device that always stayed in my pocket which to this day I never talked more than 50 mins on it the whole time I had the device. October comes and I find myself with a Blackberry Storm2. I use it for like 2 weeks and end up with a Motorola Dorid. I began feeling this is what I needed, this device is solid. December comes and I find myself juggling 3 phones, Palm Pre, Motorola Droid and Blackberry Bold 9700. Blackberry Storm2 sat on the shelf.

2010 aka the Present

The world paused as we all hear about this new Sprint device called HTC EVO 4G. The masses is shocked as we all wonder when will this device be available. Than we all pause once more as we hear Apple announce their new iOS4. Few were pleased with this and of course Blackberry/Android users jumped on this as it did not please them, I was not pleased as well. I found myself with an HTC Incredible just to satisfy my thirst for this EVO device. One day a picture of an iPhone 4 popped up and Apply loyalist were not sure if they like the new design. I myself who at the time could not stand Apple felt dirty, I did like the design. It was very sexy and I said to myself I hope it does not look like that because I might buy it. The day came and I got my hands on my EVO, I was happy with it and tried using it. But tipb users kept saying one thing over and over which was the user experience on Android. That message came to reality when my HTC Incredible would do one thing and my HTC EVO 4G would do another. It was frustrating, than Steve got on stage and announced the iPhone 4 and I was taken in. I wanted this device and was finally ready to join the masses.

Now I sit here pleased with my decision, I am finally an iPhone user and the experience has been by far flawless. I still carry my Incredible and EVO (which I am returning) but find myself using my iPhone 4 a lot more than the other two. Of course I will be getting the Motorola Droid X because I like phones but I have to say I wish I got on the band wagon a long time ago. I have an iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS and next week going to go pick up an iPad and possibly a Mac Book. This year it is time for a change.

If I bored you I am sorry just wanted to share my little journey on one mans journey through many different smart phones. Thanks for reading

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
thank you, my dad and little brother (who is 11 years old) both have had an iPhone since the beginning. My dad has been trying to get me to switch for the longest.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see you're even getting a MacBook( maybe ).... I made that switch about 4 years ago, and you won't regret that one either... Glad to see you joined the rest of us...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox