I have an appointment with Apple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I have an appt tomm (7/3/10) at 9:40am EST with an Apple Genius to see about the issue with the proximity sensor. When i was speaking with him, i explained to him that if it doesnt get fixed, i want a FULL refund. Im really tired of dealing with these issues, and not to mention that the antenna issue hasnt hit me hard until 2 days ago when i dropped 11 calls within an hour. He also mentioned that the new update iOS4.0.1 is supposed to be released within the next few weeks to address this issue. Honestly, i dont think it will fix the issues... u can call me impatient BUT its about principle here. :mad: Who the hell would sell a BRAND NEW Smartphone thats supposed to change EVERYTHING. AGAIN. and u cant even make calls on it :eek: - ok maybe Apple. Everytime i make a call and it gets fudged by the sensor or reception issue, the Droid X with Vz begins to look more and more better... :rolleyes:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Correction. YOU aren't able to make calls, but I can. That's all that matters for anyone. Return it, don't let the door hit you on the way out. We'll still be here if you want to be a part of this little group.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Dropped calls really aren't the antenna issue if you "haven't noticed the problem till now". If you were traveling you were in a bad area, if you were in your normal areas AT&T was having signal issues.

The proximity sensor, did you try a restore as new first? That's what Apple will do first, then swap out the device.

How did your post go from "Never had a problem with the antenna till yesterday" to "every time I make a call it's fudged up b/c of the sensor or antenna"?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I understand a lot of people are frustrated but I sincerely think this is a (somewhat) honest mistake. Think about it......the Copertino campus probably have a boat load of repeaters installed, hence: death grip or not, nobody with a naked iPhone prototype was ever going to see any kind of signal issue.

And when these prototypes did leave the Copertino campus, they were inside some kind of protective case (like the one lost) to disguise it from the general public. Apple couldn't have known the signal issue would be this bad.

I do wish Apple would admit that they dropped the ball and, at the very least, say that they are sorry.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I understand your frustration, but do you really think leaving will solve it? You say you want to go to the Droid X, but in 3 more weeks the Droid X will be old and forgotten about. Android is putting out new phones every month that are supposedly better than the one they just put out. Trust me, you will be back. Once the issues are fixed you will be back. There?s nothing out there that can compare. Even if there is something out there that can compare, as I said before it will be obsolete within a month when the new one comes out. I say show some patience, just let the Apple store try and fix you?re phone. If you leave, you will be feeling bad 2-3 days later. Don?t leave, stay!!! The grass is NOT greener on the other side!!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Correction. YOU aren't able to make calls, but I can. That's all that matters for anyone. Return it, don't let the door hit you on the way out. We'll still be here if you want to be a part of this little group.
i was thinking to return it and use my 3G|s| until i hear reviews about the whit i4 to see if that one wil have issues as well...

Dropped calls really aren't the antenna issue if you "haven't noticed the problem till now". If you were traveling you were in a bad area, if you were in your normal areas AT&T was having signal issues.

The proximity sensor, did you try a restore as new first? That's what Apple will do first, then swap out the device.

How did your post go from "Never had a problem with the antenna till yesterday" to "every time I make a call it's fudged up b/c of the sensor or antenna"?
i said i never had the antenna problem til 2 days ago when it hit me hard with 11 dropped calls...it could be ATT but how would i know? its not like it says "searching for service"...it fluctuates between 3-4 bars but even so, i shouldnt have dropped calls like this.

I understand a lot of people are frustrated but I sincerely think this is a (somewhat) honest mistake. Think about it......the Copertino campus probably have a boat load of repeaters installed, hence: death grip or not, nobody with a naked iPhone prototype was ever going to see any kind of signal issue.

And when these prototypes did leave the Copertino campus, they were inside some kind of protective case (like the one lost) to disguise it from the general public. Apple couldn't have known the signal issue would be this bad.

I do wish Apple would admit that they dropped the ball and, at the very least, say that they are sorry.
i agree with u 100% about them atleast admitting responsiblilty for this terrible terrible excuse for the iPhone4!

Also guys, i forgot to mention in my OP that i will be going to Nogales, AZ in 2 weeks until Sept to work on the SW Border. I need this phone to work badly, i dont want to be caught with my pants down - so to speak - so u need to understand why this is driving me crazy. I was down there previosuly from Jan - April with my 3G|s| and that iPhone served its purpose, especially when your in the middle od the desert at dusk! I really need this phone to work and i dont want to be caught in a life/ death situation and worry about my phone not being able to handle a call!! U see my frustration!!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I understand your frustration, but do you really think leaving will solve it? You say you want to go to the Droid X, but in 3 more weeks the Droid X will be old and forgotten about. Android is putting out new phones every month that are supposedly better than the one they just put out. Trust me, you will be back. Once the issues are fixed you will be back. There?s nothing out there that can compare. Even if there is something out there that can compare, as I said before it will be obsolete within a month when the new one comes out. I say show some patience, just let the Apple store try and fix you?re phone. If you leave, you will be feeling bad 2-3 days later. Don?t leave, stay!!! The grass is NOT greener on the other side!!

...and i know you r absolutley right but i need a phone that can do what it does at THAT very moment... as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer, this is unacceptable especially with the hazards and dangers we have to deal with on a daily basis...

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I completely agree with a lot of the things you said.

But bottom line Android is not going to solve your problems.. you'll be bored within 3 weeks.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site

Wow your posts get better and better:rolleyes: So what do you suggest is wrong with my iphone 4 then? My old 3g NEVER DROPPED A CALL NO MATTER WHERE I USED IT.....(i used caps so you could understand)......And since owning the iphone 4 i have lost 6-8 calls.....IN THE SAME PLACE I USED THE 3G!!!!! Mr. Wizard what do you suggest is wrong with my phone.....also when I can barely start to hear the other person on the line I look at my bars which are usually showing 1-2 and then adjust my hand to get better reception!!! Are you f'ing kidding me.....I have to hold a phone a certain way to make calls......

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Wow your posts get better and better:rolleyes: So what do you suggest is wrong with my iphone 4 then? My old 3g NEVER DROPPED A CALL NO MATTER WHERE I USED IT.....(i used caps so you could understand)......And since owning the iphone 4 i have lost 6-8 calls.....IN THE SAME PLACE I USED THE 3G!!!!! Mr. Wizard what do you suggest is wrong with my phone.....also when I can barely start to hear the other person on the line I look at my bars which are usually showing 1-2 and then adjust my hand to get better reception!!! Are you f'ing kidding me.....I have to hold a phone a certain way to make calls......

What do you expect Apple to do for you?

Hold differently or get a case or return it.

I accept the flaw and work around it. The other aspects of the phone outweigh this.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Sounds to me like should just hold it in your other hand, get a bumper, or return it and quit cryin about it

MacinNW

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
...and i know you r absolutley right but i need a phone that can do what it does at THAT very moment... as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer, this is unacceptable especially with the hazards and dangers we have to deal with on a daily basis...

Then suck it up, Officer! No one is holding a gun to your head to use the iPhone. You sure don't sound like law enforcement.

And as to your previous threat of "I have an appt tomm (7/3/10) at 9:40am EST with an Apple Genius to see about the issue with the proximity sensor. When i was speaking with him, i explained to him that if it doesnt get fixed, i want a FULL refund."

If you bought it through Apple you have 30 days to return it for a full refund with no restocking fees. No questions asked, if I understand correctly.

TICK, TOCK!

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Sounds to me like should just hold it in your other hand, get a bumper, or return it and quit cryin about it

I'm just trying to make the point that it IS a design flaw....I love the phone itself, but to keep saying "you're holding it wrong", "get a bumper", just to use the phone is rediculous.....But I wouldn't expect anything less out of the fanboys that frequent the majority of these forums.....

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
@Hackn my I
i understand the way u feel, 2yrs ago i bought that piece of s*it BB storm when it 1st came out, that thing suked, they exchanged it 3times for me all worked slow and dropped calls. Anyways gave it back and left verizon for Iphone 3gs great phone! now i have Ip4 and its been great (only have had it 2 days), so do what makes sense to u, hope all goes well for u.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Then suck it up, Officer! No one is holding a gun to your head to use the iPhone. You sure don't sound like law enforcement.

And as to your previous threat of "I have an appt tomm (7/3/10) at 9:40am EST with an Apple Genius to see about the issue with the proximity sensor. When i was speaking with him, i explained to him that if it doesnt get fixed, i want a FULL refund."

If you bought it through Apple you have 30 days to return it for a full refund with no restocking fees. No questions asked, if I understand correctly.

TICK, TOCK!

im a realist and if the phone deserves its credit then i will give credit where credit is due, in this case about not being able to use a "phone" to make "calls", i dont think so...

I'm just trying to make the point that it IS a design flaw....I love the phone itself, but to keep saying "you're holding it wrong", "get a bumper", just to use the phone is rediculous.....But I wouldn't expect anything less out of the fanboys that frequent the majority of these forums.....

fanboys have no open mind about anything and therefore will stick with there device no matter how terrible it is = EPIC FAIL

Last edited:

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still sorely disappointed with my AT&T call service that has not improved (although call quality has when it doesn't drop), but whatever, I love the iOS4 and hardware and streamlined access I have to everything that I wouldn't get with the droid devices, even though Verizon's service was excellent all the time I'll tough it out with AT&T because I'm a loyal apple customer.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I completely agree with a lot of the things you said.

But bottom line Android is not going to solve your problems.. you'll be bored within 3 weeks.

maybe your right J... ahhh... i guess i will work with it for now until an update comes out but hopefully its soon...sadly, i will use my GF's cricket device which holds calls ALOT better then my i4 :eek: thats embarassing!

ADDED: so i took a look thru the droid forums and they have a way different lingo from what im used to with the iPhone and the devices itself didnt seem to interest me too much...

Also, according to Apple, didnt they mention that the update will only show us "more accurate" service bars...so in other words, calls will keep dropping?? ...and i dont see them mentioning anything about the proximity sensors???<< hopefully they are working on that!

Last edited:

knightforge

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Dude, Ridgecrest is probably not the best place for cell reception, obviously not on AT&T. I live in Lancaster and I have absolutely no problems with reception, call quality or dropped calls no matter how I hold it. I've tried to recreate the problem and at the most I've lost 2 bars leaving me with 3 bars. Nothing against ridgecrest but it is pretty remote.

Dimwit

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm only gonna say this once, IF the iPhone REQUIRES a case (as Apple said) to work properly one should have been included with the iPhone. I'm not saying they should have included the Bumper of your choice, but at least an ugly plastic neon yellow plastic piece of crap we would all hate, but it would do the job. Then it would be up to the consumer to decide if they wanted a cosmetically pleasing case, or if functional is ok. It is unreasonable to expect someone to purchase a product that requires the purchase of an additional product toake the first product function "as designed".

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Are you f'ing kidding me.....I have to hold a phone a certain way to make calls......

Why, in order to get the best results, shouldn't you hold your 'phone a certain way?

When using a camera, you hold it in "a certain way", so that the lens is pointing at the subject - otherwise you won't get a the picture you wanted! When holding a pistol, you hold it in "a certain way" to make sure the end of the barrel is pointing away from you - unless you're committing suicide! :)

P.S. Why so many expletives? Surely your vocabulary is not so limited?

Reactions: Alli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro