Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

6 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Autocorrect dictionary editing?

So I have a 3Gs with 4.0 jailbroken, and I've been using the same general phone settings since 2007 when the 2G first came out. I don't recall ever having set up a phone as new after an update or any other time, for that matter. Nor do I want to, as it takes a LONG time to re-sync all my photos, music, apps, what have you. However, this comes with a downside, as I've been noticing more and more that a few common keyboarding mistakes have made it into the autocorrect dictionary and now don't get fixed automatically. Thus, what I'm wanting to know is, is there a way to edit entries in the autocorrect dictionary without setting up the phone as new? I mean, let's face it, it's annoying, but not THAT annoying.
    iPhone Newbie

22 Posts

Default Edit dictionary

I don't know anyway of editing the dictionary, but you can reset just the keyboard dictionary back to default in Settings->General->Reset-> Reset Keyboard Dictionary