iPhone 4 Costs Around $188

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4 Costs Around $188 | iPhoneHeat

iSuppli has done its usual thing and has come with the cost of parts used to manufacture an iPhone 4 16GB model. According to iSuppli, the iPhone 4 16GB model costs Apple around $187.

The popular Retina display of iPhone 4 is the most expensive part which costs around $28.50 per unit. The A4 processor costs around $10.75.

iSuppli had estimated $179 cost per unit for the iPhone 3GS when it was released. Since then, the price of those parts has dropped to $139.

Please note that these estimates doesn?t include other direct and indirect costs such as labor, shipping, advertisement, software development, or patent licensing. via [BGR]

Check out the detailed cost sheet of iPhone 4 parts below:

http://www.iphoneheat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/iphone-4-cost.jpg

deeddawg

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Misleading thread title. The component parts costs might total $188, but only the extremely naive would think that those comprise the total per-unit cost.

Has anyone published all the other costs that go into each phone? Costs such such as R&D, tech support, warranty support, iOS software development, manufacturing, as well as a zillion other per-unit and overhead costs.

I'm sure Apple makes money on each unit sold. However it's patently obvious that there's a lot more cost in each phone than the components needed to build it. Those other costs often are far higher than the component costs.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Deeddawg is exactly right.

I saw this article a couple days ago. It's not complete, it's not accurate, it's garbage, it's misleading. The R&D alone accounts for a lot of the $$$ spent. I'd like to think the designers and engineers at Apple are making a little more than $9/hr.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73