Are you giving Apple a chance?

Are you giving Apple a chance?

• Yes. They'll fix it.

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Yes. But if they don't fix it sufficiently, I'm moving on.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • No. Already moved on. Not coming back.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Moved on, but might come back next gen or so.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No issues here.

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
After almost a full week of normal use, here are my observations:

Reception issue? Yep. I can reproduce it about 40% of the time. However it doesn't drop calls, but data is slowed down noticeably. There is also no discernable voice quality degredation when it happens. Not even on zero bars using EDGE. That's impressive to me.

Proximity sensor issues? Yep. I can do it on command 100% of time.

Yellow spots? Nope, not ever. I also don't hear about it anymore, so I guess it really was adhesive just taking its time to dry.

Those are the major complaints online, but of course there are other minor things, but they are iOS4 issues itself.

My question to you is, are you going to give Apple a chance? Are you mad and going to drop Apple and go elsewhere? Or are you going to wait for the first software update and see if it helps lessen the issues, knowing full well that a 100% fix for the antenna physics will never happen?

Me personally? I am going to give them a chance.

Last edited:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I plan to give them a chance. I suspect this weekends update isn't going to happen, but it is just Wednesday. I hope they do kick out an update that addresses the proximity and antenna issue. The yellow spots that is ahesive and it would seem that most people see it fade away if given time.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I can reproduce the reception issue, but it really hasn't caused me any problems. I no longer palm the phone when i talk. I just hold it with my fingers. I really haven't noticed the proximity sensor problem, and I never had the yellow spots. All-in-all, I'm am completely happy with my iphone 4. I upgraded from the 3G and it is 100 times better (in my opinion).

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
i got my Iphone 4 since the 23rd and still better than any blackberry out there and equal or better than any android froyo out there. i look at the good things and deal or ignore the bad things. so far the iphone gives me one of the best smartphones experiences out there.:)

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to give them a chance. I also can reproduce the reception issue on command. I am more disapointed at Jobs' response than anything else. I have had more dropped calls on my iphone 4 than my old 3g ever did......I'm still not sure how it can be fixed with a software update but I guess we will see!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I am obviously going to give them a chance. I can't reproduce the reception issue of holding the lower left corner to make the bars drop at all. But my 3G reception seems much flakier than my old 3G and lower in places where before I had full bars, or it seems to fluctuate in these ares while not even touching the phone.

I have no yellow spots. I thought maybe the proxy sensor was not keeping the screen off on the first phone call I made with it but I haven't had it happen since. I did restore my it as new once already this morning.

That said, I am going to get this one replaced as I have an issue I haven't seen yet. There is a hair (or crack) under the glass covering the camera on the back. At first I thought it was one of my dog's hairs stuck over it between my case but after looking at it it is certainly under the glass on the camera lense.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I just hope they fix it soon.

Its bad for me since my coverage is already kinda spotty in my area.. but I have lived with it in the past so right now is no different. I just hope they have the decency to fix the issue and admit their mistake.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I purchased a Microcell for in the house. Helps in basement. Paid 150 because the lady said the rebate required the 20 a month unlimited calling plan for as long as you have the microcell.

I really wasn't having reception issues too much but was having 5 bars here, one bar there, searching in basement. It's full bars now throughout no matter how its gripped.

Works great and is an option maybe for those with weak signal in house. Wife loves it too.

Sarcone

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I have the reception issue. It's only been a week. So, I'll wait for a fix.

Oh, I can replicate the reception issue on my old 3G (iOS4) as well, so I really don't know what to think about it being hardware vs software. At least I don't lose signal totally.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@cardfan
The thing that sucks about microcell is that the consumer really shouldn't have to pay to make up for AT&T's extremely poorly implemented network, or Apple's design fail. I think Microcells should be given to customers who need them for free. Apple should also give out free bumpers if they can't fix this issue...

But yeah.. Of course I am giving apple a chance. I can definitely avoid this issue, in fact most of the time my hand is not touching that part of my 3GS at all, so I'm sure I can avoid touching it on the iPhone 4...

Reactions: jhamilton3

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
@cardfan
The thing that sucks about microcell is that the consumer really shouldn't have to pay to make up for AT&T's extremely poorly implemented network, or Apple's design fail. I think Microcells should be given to customers who need them for free. Apple should also give out free bumpers if they can't fix this issue...

Completely agree with this.

I bet Apple is making so much money off of those $29 bumpers.. its sick to think about, lol. :mad:

Bottom line is giving free bumpers/micro-cells should be a no brainer but obviously as is the case with all companies its a lot of money that they can get by without having to spend.. and yet people will continue to buy their products and such. Even I am guilty of it :eek:

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
They will fix the issues. The only issue I have seen on my phone is the reception one but it doesn't affect me because I use the phone with my right hand.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
No issues :)

Lucky you :rolleyes:

You know I already have spotty coverage.. imagine what this antenna problem is doing to me right now.

Anxiously awaiting a fix but have a really bad feeling that it isn't coming..

Maybe I need to move to NJ?!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Lucky you :rolleyes:

You know I already have spotty coverage.. imagine what this antenna problem is doing to me right now.

Anxiously awaiting a fix but have a really bad feeling that it isn't coming..

Maybe I need to move to NJ?!
Maybe, but Rockland County, NY (by my son) is
even better. Ha.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Maybe, but Rockland County, NY (by my son) is
even better. Ha.

Well maybe you and his momma should re-connect so you can take advantage of the better area and be closer to him.

Win-Win I'd say.. *cue loving family and technology music* :D

Or maybe I just need to move to Chicago where JFSikora enjoys fast AT&T speeds to go along with perfect coverage. And hell, even a beautiful city. :cool:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR