Double-Tap shortcut to "Phone favorites" missing in IOS4?

Ex_Mosquito

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, this is bugging me, I used to use this all the time! But now that the old double-tap to go to phone-favs is taken up by the multitasking. I was wondering if there's a new command to access this quickly that I'm not aware of?

Cheers, Mark

Last edited:

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi, this is bugging me, I used to use this all the time! But now that the old double-tap to go to phone-favs is taken up by the multitasking. I was wondering if there's a new command to access this quickly that I'm not aware of?

Cheers, Mark

I haven't found any either. There are options for triple click, though, under General Settings --> Accessibility for toggling voice over and white on black. So maybe in a future release shortcuts to phone favorites will be added to that? Though triple clicking is a lot of clicking, I think!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The 3G didn't get multitasking, so that feature of double clicking and getting to the task manager doesn't exist. The existing function is still there.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
It's gone, the only thing we have now is a "widget" when you Skype right on the fast app switcher bar for the current audio app, default of iPod app.

angelika

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
oh gawd...I used this feature hourly .... double tap brought up favorites.... but my iphone 3gs had an update, and now all it brings up is a blank screen. I even had the security ofc on my favorites, for my office. I've got a few "characters" that will hang around my office complex.

If anyone knows how to set the double tap to bring up favorites, please share!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
oh gawd...I used this feature hourly .... double tap brought up favorites.... but my iphone 3gs had an update, and now all it brings up is a blank screen. I even had the security ofc on my favorites, for my office. I've got a few "characters" that will hang around my office complex.

If anyone knows how to set the double tap to bring up favorites, please share!

Can't be done on the new software, unfortunately.

Wasn't Apple supposedly considering an Add Contact to Homescreen at one point? I guess that got dropped somewhere along the line.

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Leave your Phone app on the favorites tab. Every time you open the phone app it goes straight to favorites. Simple, even easier than a double tap because you can just tap the Phone icon and you're there!

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Leave your Phone app on the favorites tab. Every time you open the phone app it goes straight to favorites. Simple, even easier than a double tap because you can just tap the Phone icon and you're there!

That's what I've done. My phone app is now on the first screen of apps, makes it easier to access. Just had to retrain myself to not double tap.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ran across this on Lifehacker today, thought it might be of use to anyone using Google Voice:

As I was setting up my new iPhone, I noticed that any "add to home screen" bookmarks made within a contact's page in the Google Voice's webapp creates a shortcut to that contact. And, if you or that particular contact of yours have an assigned photo, then that photo will be used as the springboard icon on your iPhone. I am running an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1.

Hope that helps someone!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2