FaceTime and other apps...

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
FaceTime is cool and all, but I only know about 4-5 people with iPhone 4 and don't really talk to them a lot...when does everyone think Skype or other apps will pop up so you can use the front camera for web-cam?
:rolleyes:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Sometime between now and when Apple releases an API letting third parties use the front camera for video chats. ;)

I'd wager sometime in the fall around the iPod event at the end of the summer. New iPod Touch, iPad gets iOS 4, and iPhone 4 gets iOS 4.1 with video chat API. Maybe even the new iPod Touch will get it too. Don't hold your breadth on it working over 3G though for any app.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Not soon.

1. Skype already charges for skype-to-skype over 3G starting in August. They will charge for video calls over 3G as well, and...
2. If AT&T won't let Apple do it over 3G, they sure as hell are not letting Skype.

Sorry :(

But maybe Skype will release a version that does it over WiFi, and we can use 3GUnrestrictor for it via jailbreak. :D

iregret

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Video chat over 3G will suck. If it worked well the phone wouldn't be restricted to wifi. I used FaceTime for the first time yesterday. It was amazing. I was blown away with how well it worked.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Video chat over 3G will suck. If it worked well the phone wouldn't be restricted to wifi. I used FaceTime for the first time yesterday. It was amazing. I was blown away with how well it worked.

2-3 mbps 3G speed will be fine for facetime.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

The carriers must allow it. Steve did say in
the keynote that they would it could be
available depending on the carrier.

I must agree though, it worked well over wifi,
but I can't wait until I can jailbreak and get
it to work over 3G ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members