Bluetooth issues with Iphone 4 or IOS4

hammerheadfl

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else been having problems with Bluetooth with the IPhone 4? For the first time in years I have had to go to a wired headset because people are telling me that I sound robotic and/or crackly. I have tried 4 different headsets of which two of them I have used for a year on my 3GS. I am not sure what else I can try.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have actually never used a bluetooth device for any phone. Do you know anyone else who has an i4? If so, test it on there.

Keithski

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had the same problem with my 2 headsets. In both cases I can hear the caller really well but they say they are having trouble hearing me? This is on my iPhone 4 with OS4.

Bbechtel16

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I too am having the same problem with the iPhone 4, while my high quality BT headset worked flawlessly with my 3G. Callers say I sound like I'm underwater, and they sound marginally worse to me. The reception seems worse as well. As a truck driver, both issues are quite serious. WTF Apple?!

petermrw

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I have a pair of ILuv BT headphones that I used with the 3GS. I can't get the BT to synch or recognize these. Any suggestions? Incompatable, some secret unlock key on the phone?? Need assistance please. Do I need to buy some compatable with the iPhone 4?

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
not a problem on mine but i hate how when paired it doesnt put the bluetooth as first choice when picking up a phone call

Tanz

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working fine. I even used it while setting up my voice mail message so I was able to hear what I sounded like when I played back my recorded message.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I have problems with my built-in car bluetooth and bluetooth headseat.
People can't understand me cause I sound robotic.

catnfidl

Jul 10, 2010
cattaylor.com
Sounds like iOS4 is having compatability issues with some BT devices. It would be good to know which devices it has problems with and whether this might be remedied with a forthcoming software update.

Joe_G#IM

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
I too am having the same problem with the iPhone 4, while my high quality BT headset worked flawlessly with my 3G. Callers say I sound like I'm underwater, and they sound marginally worse to me. The reception seems worse as well. As a truck driver, both issues are quite serious. WTF Apple?!

Same problem here. Plantronics 855 and Jabra 8400 were and are perfect on 3GS and 3G and everyone complains Im muddy or in a bucket on the iPhone 4.

I noticed it's a little better if I make or answer the call from the Bluetooth. If I transfer from wired or the phone to Bluetooth it is horrible.

Others are having this trouble too, there is a thread on the apple support website.

Interestingly, my expensive BoomO headset, a wired, high end noise canceling headset will NOT work with the iPhone 4. It sounds like there are windshield wipers on to the listener. The BoomO support said they know about it and they are coming out with an amplified cord for the boom. They said apple changed the circuitry on the headset jack. My old cheap Plantronics wired headset works great.

I hope they get this fixed soon! No Bluetooth is the pits.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like iOS4 is having compatability issues with some BT devices. It would be good to know which devices it has problems with and whether this might be remedied with a forthcoming software update.

Devices I'm having problems with (my only bluetooh devices I use):
- Sennheiser VMX 100 Bluetooth Headset
- Pioneer In-Car Bluetooth Stereo Adapter - CD-BTB200

peterh226

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Can you hear me now??? Bluetooth problems

Add me to the list.
- Voyager Pro worked great with 3GS. No one ever said a word about call quality in over a year of use.
- Same device (and 2 others) are not usable with iPhone 4
- Reset phone - no improvement
- Apple store gave me a replacement (no problem, very nice about it) but no improvement.

Also getting weird call quality in my home - and I have a AT&T microcell so signal strength is not an issue.

I'm pretty bummed as I run my life on the phone.
- Peter

Hammer

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Bluetooth range on iPhone 4 REALLY SUCKS!

Another unfortunate update from my second iPhone 4.

IP4 bluetooth range was a noticeable problem the day I received my first phone...with 2 separate devices. Upgrading to 4.0.1 seemed to fix that on that phone. But I now have a replacement iP4 (due to antenna issues) and just yesterday tested my replacement iPhone 4 (with 4.0.1) and it's having the same POOR bluetooth range as my original iP4!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

With the two different devices, range is approximately 50-60% of what I had before (3GS) and unusable for my workout routine.

Can someone shed some light on what may be going on?

I'm growing weary of all the iP4 problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammer

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Bluetooth fix? Maybe!

Today I decided to do a "reset network" and after rebooting the BT range seems to be back to normal!

I reported this to Applecare such that hopefully their support forums and tech support reps can advise customers with such problems.

Cross your fingers!:):D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234