FaceTime over 3G

Timg97

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I was able to make a face time call over 3G. I have a 3G laptop connect card for my laptop. I shared it's connection making my laptop into a mobile hot spot. The iPhone 4 picked up the signal from the laptop, making it think that it was on a wifi signal. Face time call made. Now I hope that when the jailbreak comes out for the iphone 4, that someone smart could make something to make the phone think it's on a wifi signal. Anyone with a laptop connect card try it out. Worked pretty good for me.

enjoy

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
3G unrestrictor is already said to work for it. I
made a FaceTime call on 3G and cut off 2 secs
later saying I need to be on WiFi.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
3G unrestrictor is already said to work for it. I
made a FaceTime call on 3G and cut off 2 secs
later saying I need to be on WiFi.

Any idea of an ETA of when skype will jump on board with this new technology? I would love to be able to skype my brothers laptop from anywhere that i'm at!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Any idea of an ETA of when skype will jump on board with this new technology? I would love to be able to skype my brothers laptop from anywhere that i'm at!

It's going to grow gradually over time for many things. Nobody knows for sure.
But it's all coming....

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Lol... can't you already do this w/ Skype?

I haven't used it, so I'm not sure.

Yeh with skype from my computer not from my phone.....video call's i am refering too...I actually just tried to open skype and it says it's not able to be used with iOs4

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

Not very soon to be honest. First of all, if skype does that, they're charging you. They're not going to charge for skype-to-skype calls over 3G and then give you FREE video calls. No way. Second, if AT&T won't let Apple do it, they certainly are not budging for skype.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Not very soon to be honest. First of all, if skype does that, they're charging you. They're not going to charge for skype-to-skype calls over 3G and then give you FREE video calls. No way. Second, if AT&T won't let Apple do it, they certainly are not budging for skype.

So you think that Skype in the near future won't let us make video calls?

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
That's fine with me but I think Jello was saying that AT&T wouldn't let Apple so why would it let skype.....so maybe over wifi then?!?

Even over wifi I think that i4 to webcam video calls would be big hit. I've heard from a couple of places that Apple has made this open source, so hopefully there will be something soon.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
You can skype video call from phone to pc on the EVO on 3g! Damn why can't they give us this now!
It must be hacked as Skype only allows Verizon's
Android and BlackBerry devices (along with the
iPhone & Symbian).

I hadn't done much research, so I could be
wrong, but no one on their site do they say
they support the EVO and Sprint at the
moment.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yeh with skype from my computer not from my phone.....video call's i am refering too...I actually just tried to open skype and it says it's not able to be used with iOs4
Oh dang... didn't know that. Hopefully we get it
soon. Almost seems like the Verizon deal is
slowing Skype down in releasing a good iPhone
update.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You have to be kidding about Skype right? They took 3 months to get the 3G version out, and now it will probably be another 3 months for the demo multitasking version they had working in April to come out.

etexans82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It must be hacked as Skype only allows Verizon's
Android and BlackBerry devices (along with the
iPhone & Symbian).

I hadn't done much research, so I could be
wrong, but no one on their site do they say
they support the EVO and Sprint at the
moment.

A friend of mine has the EVO and he skyped video called me using Fring from his phone through the cellular network so other phones can do it. I wanna do it on my iPhone!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711