How did this happen?

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I woke up this morning to head out to my local ATT store and at 545 AM there were 20 people already on line. I said nuts to this and went to work. Around 930 AM I started regretting my decision so I started calling ATT stores. Everyone was sold out except for one 50 miles away which had 5 32gb left. I left work (faked and illness) and raced there. About 5 miles away there was construction and I was stuck in traffic for 30 minutes. I called the store every 10 minutes; "Hey, its me again, you didnt sell out yet did you?". "No Sir, we still have four". Called again, "we have three". Still in traffic, called again, "Sold out". Dam!!! At this point I was near my house so I decided to go home and work from there for the rest of the day. I was still calling around and one store told me they are expecting a small shipment in sometime in the afternoon. On a whim, I drove to the store and went in.
When I got inside I overheard another customer asking about the Iphone 4. He was told, unless he was on line this morning and recieved a voucher there was nothing they could do. I went over to the display unit and a different sales person came up to me and asked if there was anything I needed. I said, "Yes, I would like a 32gb Iphone 4 please". Of course I never expected what happened next. He goes in the back and brings out a 32gb Iphone 4. I was flabergasted and needless to say, bought that sucker so fast it made his head spin. The entire time he was ringing me up I was praying a different employee didnt come over to see what he was doing. I could just see, "Hey, you cant sell him that, those are reserved!!!". Well it didnt happen and I got the phone. sorry to ramble on like this, but I still cant believe I landed one today.

The only bad part of the story? Driving home I called my wife to tell her the great news (she could care a less) and I dropped the call four times!! :(

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like my wife but I'd be sleeping on the couch for a month. She doesn't understand the big deal about the new iPhone. She's still using a 3G one and said it does everything she wants/needs and can't see anyone wasting their money getting a new one.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations! I'm glad it worked out for you. I got stressed reading about your experience: it brought back the preorder hassle memories. :)

I got my wife the new iPhone 4, too. She says she likes the display on her 3GS better: she says she could read the text under the icons better on the 3GS. She prefers the way the 3GS feels, too. I don't get it. Oh, well, she's "stuck" with the new iPhone. :)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I just switched from T-Mobile. To be honest I have not had a dropped call in over 2 years with T-Mobile. I am on day 3 with iPhone 4 on ATT and I have had 3. I use to think that dropped call problem on ATT was exaggerated.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Congrats on the i4, but good luck with the dropped
calls. It's never a worry for me, thank goodness.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
That?s called focused. Great job of never giving up and chasing what you wanted. Being a go getter can sometimes pay off. Hopefully you?re as happy with your iPhone 4 as I am with mine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW