iOS4 resource management.

frodo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a client today that reported not being able to see any content in his Exchange emails. Since yesterday, once opened, they were all blank. He has a 3GS.

I rapidly saw that he had something like 15 to 20 apps in multi-tasking state. Once closed, Mail was then displaying Exchange email content correctly.

Isn't iOS4 supposed to manage memory by itself and kill apps when the need for resources arises? In that case, it definitely did not.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I know this would sound weird but maybe exchange is the problem and not iOS4.... if it was fine on the 3GS before iOS4 maybe the fact the iOS4 can multitask is the issue and not the other way around, let's face it, it could be some code glitch with exchange, and the push on the iPhone is sufficient enough that I've quit using exchange

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Were all the apps running in the background iOS4 tested and approved? Not all apps are updated and you could have an app mis-behaving causing stuff like this.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I rapidly saw that he had something like 15 to 20 apps in multi-tasking state. Once closed, Mail was then displaying Exchange email content correctly.

theres a really good article on the web from "Justin" on this message board regarding how background applications work... there really isn't 15-20 apps in a multi-tasking state. even my macbook pro would probably be crushed if i had 15 programs & games multitasking...

fwiw: i'm using google's exchange features, and i'm having no problems at all.

Justin's post at Whenwillapple.com:
iPhone OS 4 multitasking explained, again | When Will Apple?