Bloomberg.com reports a Verizon iPhone in 2011 ?

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Blah, blah, blah. It's like another Bigfoot sighting. And besides, Apple typically releases new phones in June so what would be the point of announcing a phone mid-cycle? Does that mean it gets replaced in June 2011?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Blah, blah, blah. It's like another Bigfoot sighting. And besides, Apple typically releases new phones in June so what would be the point of announcing a phone mid-cycle? Does that mean it gets replaced in June 2011?

Who knows ! I thought I'd read somewhere ATT has exclusivity til 2012.. maybe not..

zacharace

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
And besides, Apple typically releases new phones in June so what would be the point of announcing a phone mid-cycle? Does that mean it gets replaced in June 2011?

Could just be a minor modification of iPhone 4--switching the GSM "guts" out for CDMA-compatible guts. Plus, as someone already said, who knows? This Verizon thing may warrant a special release...if it ever happens :rolleyes:

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Could just be a minor modification of iPhone 4--switching the GSM "guts" out for CDMA-compatible guts. Plus, as someone already said, who knows? This Verizon thing may warrant a special release...if it ever happens :rolleyes:

Could be, but what would be the point of releasing a CDMA phone when Verizon has already publicly stated their plans to have LTE available by the end of the year. The timing of a January release just doesn't seem right to me.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So what if vzw does announce the unveiling of some LTE devices in Jan ? that's all the article says, it could be June of 11 or 12 before it's officially out lol

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
So what if vzw does announce the unveiling of some LTE devices in Jan ? that's all the article says, it could be June of 11 or 12 before it's officially out lol

Yeah because Apple typically announces new devices 6 months before they are available. I guess I'll be skeptical until I see Steve Jobs and that "can you hear me now" guy at a press conference announcing a Verizon iPhone.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
this is true, never thought of it that way lol really doesn't make sense, Apple does it the same way every year, why would they break from the norm lol

Malinovaya

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Has not had time Apple to release iPhone 4 as hearings about Verizon iPhone already have gone. Of course, I can mistake but I think that's just one more speculation that won't tern into reality at least in the nearest future. Verizon is really pushing their android phones, and seems to love motorola and HTC. So I'd guess this is gonna be the same as the rumors that have been going on for years now.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
"Hello?"
"This is dead horse."
"Please put stick down."
"I'm tried of being beat to death."

I'll believe it when I see it!:rolleyes:

DrKanter113

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Not for nothing, but reports like this are all some of us have to hang our hats on. I'm sure most of the people that subscribe in this forum are already iphone owners and can care less, but some of us won't leave their current carrier of choice for a phone.

As a Verizon customer (in my area of North Jersey, it's the most reliable carrier out there), I've been suffering through the Blackberry Storm 1 for almost two years and dream of the day that the best smartphone out there is available on my carrier. It's articles like this that feed the dream and will probably keep me from jumping to the Droid X or any other Android device that drops before the end of this year.

So, while this may be a snooze fest for all you guys that are already happy iphone owners, there are MILLIONS of Verizon customers that are foaming at the mouth for this rumor to finally become reality. Just my $0.02...

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah because Apple typically announces new devices 6 months before they are available. I guess I'll be skeptical until I see Steve Jobs and that "can you hear me now" guy at a press conference announcing a Verizon iPhone.

Except it will be can you see me now...:p

S

stphnman20

If Verizon starts selling iphones then great! I have no problems with ATT what so ever.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices