Those of you with Bumpers already

bradsea

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have never had a case on any of my iPhones because it slides in and out of my pocket so much easier, especially when wearing jeans and dress pants. I have tried some cases that make it harder to get out because they stick to the material. I was wondering if you have noticed any difference in this with the bumper vs. not having the bumper on.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The bumper give it very minimal protection and in my opinion gives it a more rounded look, which I don't really care for. I love the squared off edges and design. The bumper hides the aluminum sides as well. Everyone is different and while the bumper gives very minimal protection it also give very minimal peace of mind in my opinion. I do find the bumper tends to stick to the pocket to some degree too.

zacharace

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
While I don't have a bumper, I'd never buy one, mainly for the reasons OTACORB listed: minimal protection/peace of mind and too much of a compromise on design. The latter is why I've never had a case on any of my iPhones--a naked iPhone is simply not meant to be cased. Pardon the sublime reference, but it's like putting clothes on a supermodel, I guess.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
With my 3G I started off with a Incase cover that was pretty tacky and easily would get stuck in a pocket. I then switched to an iSkin Solo case that is not tacky at all and in my opinion is the perfect material for a protective case. I can't wait for them to release the new case in a couple weeks. I don't like the bumper because of the tacky edges.

S

stphnman20

Well with the iphone being glass all around and as much as I want it to be naked, i'm going to have some sort of case to protect it. Yes the bumper has rubber on the edge and can be difficult to remove from you pocket. But it can be a good thing too.. The iphone wont slip out of your pants easily when you jump, run, etc..

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i just got my bumper in the mail today... wow, its actually a pretty slick protection.. i also got the "Clear-Coat" full body cover... i only installed front/back then added the bumpers, and i'm in love...

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Pros: The phone is still very easy to pull out of a jean pocket with the bumper on. The bumper also keeps the glass from touch any surface when the phone is laying flat. It also solves the signal loss so many people are having.

Cons: My original iPhone 3G charge cable fits the phone with the bumper installed however none of my 3rd older party accessories do. I have to take the bumper off if I am to use them. I also thought $30 was a little pricey for this accessory.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this product as I was very much underwhelmed when I first saw it introduced.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I picked up a black bumper on launch day and I love it. Like said above, it is pretty slick protection. I do want to get a case that covers the back as well at some point but it looks really good right now with my Zagg shield on it. I actually like the fact that it has the rubber on the edges, it keeps the phone from sliding around on smooth surface which is just an accident waiting to happen

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got a bumper on my phone and I love it. I thought I wouldn't, and only got it to have some sort of protection until better/more case options came out. I think I'm sticking with the bumper, though. The rubber edges keep the phone raised just enough when you set it down that you don't worry about scratches. I haven't dropped my phone yet, but I'm confident that the phone with the bumper will survive 95% of the falls it would take. From watching all those drop videos, it looks like the weakest parts of the phone are the corners/lip of the glass. It seems that the phone always shattered when it was dropped on it's side/corner and the bumper provides perfect protection for that area while keeping a very slim form factor.

To answer your question directly- I've only noticed difficulty in pulling my phone from the pocket of athletic shorts. Khakis, jeans, everything else has been fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal