Where to find IPhone 4?

bluewizard

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I am in the Washington, DC area (Northern VA) and wondering where the best place to find an IPhone 4 would be? Do I just say the heck with it and order online and wait the 3 weeks? Is there a way to find out if a place would have it other than making 100 phone calls each morning? Ideas?

I would like to get it sooner or later if at all possible.

Thanks

calsccr9

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem. I'm leaving the country next Tuesday and I really need this phone before I go. I no longer have any room available on my iPod touch and I need it for international calls. I've been meaning to switch to an iPhone, and this is the perfect time. Unfortunately I need it quickly and nobody seems to know when they'll get them in. I'm on an email list at apple, but I'm thinking I may not be here when they get some in stock.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Did you guys miss the hype or something? If you wanted it quick, you had to sing the preorder blues. Whether that meant spending hours online trying to get through or standing in a huge line last Thurs.

calsccr9

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't positive that I was getting one on launch day, and also wanted to use one before making the switch. I figured I'd be able to get one this week after the initial wave had been dispensed....boy was I wrong. I had no idea apple would go on to sell 1.7 million units in the first weekend. Now chances aren't looking so great on me getting one. And my local AT&T store is just a kiosk (where they are rather unhelpful) so I'd assume they won't be getting too many 4s come Tuesday.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Everyone seems to be pretty much out right now. All the Apple Stores, Walmarts, Best Buys, and Radio Shacks around me have been sold out and only getting a few phones every other day or so.. and those go reaaaal fast.

calsccr9

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
You should always over exaggerate on apple products. Especially from past launches. You should have seen this coming.

True, but like I said, this will be my first iPhone. Besides owning iPods I'm pretty new to the whole Apple thing. But I'll know from now on, I definitely learned my lesson.

deeddawg

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaving the country next Tuesday and I really need this phone before I go.

Is it really that wise to grab a brand new phone just before leaving the country? What if there's a problem requiring an exchange?

My suggestion is to pick up a good condition used 3GS locally viaCraiglist and use that until you get back to the US. Buy it right and you'll be able to resell the 3GS in a couple months for close to what you paid for it. Best thing is doing it this way doesn't affect your upgrade eligibility so you can get an iphone4 when you get back.

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
i am in the baltimore maryland area and alot of the authorized ATT resellers around here still have them for a sale. Stoped in one yestereday to look for a case and people were walking in buying iPhones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2