Interesting 3G Connection Problem find...

MattDionis

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So my iPhone 4 has been working flawlessly over wifi since I got it. However, when I'm trying to use it over 3G problems arise. (Note: I have noticed the following in my iPhone 4, my girlfriends, and my moms.) I consistently am greeted with the "cannot connect" message when trying to access the App Store or ITunes over 3G. I am also often greeted with a similar message within Safari over 3G. I have full 3G bars when this happens, and my phone has yet to drop a call. It seemed odd to me that with full bars and awesome reception I can't get "data" through. I investigated further and this is where it gets interesting. None of the apps I have on my phone (ie: non-stock Apple apps) EVER have this issue. Facebook, Pandora, Kayak, etc. all work flawlessly over 3G. Intact I have streamed Pandora for well over an hour with no hiccups, but at the same time the App Store, ITunes, and Safari will all claim "cannot connect" quite frequently.
This "connection" problem seems to be a software flaw related to stock Apple apps. I really hope it is addressed soon as it's a rather annoying flaw in an otherwise awesome device!
E

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problems with the app store and iTunes not wanting to connect even when I have full service, as soon as I connect to wifi though the problem magically dissapears

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77