Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default iPhone4 Battery Life: Post A Usage Screenshot

I got the i4 fully charged and around 9am then went to work where i get no service so it was looking for signal all day. Let a few people play with it, I played on it for a good while too lol. At 6:30pm had about 45% then it took me til close to midnight to kill the rest with heavy use, music, multi tasking, fast app swtching, videos, and games. Is this good/bad what you get?

P.S. a little o' my jailbreak got on my i4 look at the carrier

Last edited by iVenom; 06-30-2010 at 11:58 PM.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default Day 2

Did a few thing different today. didnt let it search for signal put it on airplane mode till i was out of work, get not signal in there. i got more use and standby

Last edited by iVenom; 06-30-2010 at 11:59 PM.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Your screenshots aren't showing
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iMore Newbie

I've actually noticed worse battery life than my old 3G phone. I have followed all of the standard things that Apple said to do to minimize battery loss but it seams to be going down faster. Now granted, I never had the life % listed on my 3G so it may just be that I am more conscious of it.

What is everybody else noticing about their battery life?
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SciTeach3 View Post
    I've actually noticed worse battery life than my old 3G phone. I have followed all of the standard things that Apple said to do to minimize battery loss but it seams to be going down faster. Now granted, I never had the life % listed on my 3G so it may just be that I am more conscious of it.

What is everybody else noticing about their battery life?
    I think it's probably that you're just thinking about it more. Coming from a 3G there should be a huge difference in actual battery life. Also maybe you're using it a lot more than you were using your 3G, because it's more fun to use.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Nanite

No, my battery life is not good on the 4g. I just upgraded from a 3G and my battery life on my 3G was better, i had it jailbroken so I had the battery % for a while now.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I can say without a doubt that my battery life is better than 3GS. I have actually been pretty darn shocked at how good it is. Then again I tend to tweak my phone for the very best battery life too. I don't use push as I am just not important enough that I need instant email. So I use fetch for email and syncing my contacts and calendars. I know everyone is different in this regard.

The only fair test is to have them both setup the same way and use them like you normally do. Which is what I've done and see better battery life.

I also think the first couple of days I played around with my phone a lot more than usual too because I am loving it so much. I think that is likely happening to a lot of folks so it makes it seem like the battery life isn't as good.
    iPhone Beginner

My battery life is far better than it was on the 3gs. I fully charged it yesterday mid morning and I'm just now below 10% with pretty steady use (except when I was asleep). I'm now trying to kill it all the way so I can give it a full charge.
    iPhone Beginner

Oh and by "steady" use I mean a lot of game playing, I read two chapters in a book, fairly heavy texting, a number of phone calls and just general "oh man this is pretty so I better look at it" use. With my 3gs I would have been below 20% last night.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    I think it's probably that you're just thinking about it more. Coming from a 3G there should be a huge difference in actual battery life. Also maybe you're using it a lot more than you were using your 3G, because it's more fun to use.
    In my case, there was a HUGE difference in battery life between a 3G and a 4 running iOS4. My 3G was way worse on 4.0 vs 3.1.3. And my 4 running iOS 4 trumps the 3G in battery life, hand down.
    iMore Intermediate

I got myiP4 on launch day and I did a restore as I was using iOS4 on my 3G. Everything went seamless with the restore. After playing with it for a couple of days I think my battery is about the same as my 3G was. I had to replace my iP4 today because the mic wouldn't turn on during speaker phone conversations. I decided to do a clean install, and maybe that will imprve battery life. Maybe the fact that I did a restore from a 3G is what was messing up the battery consumption. I've had other thing happen in the past that a clean install fixed.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I don't think you can see the screenshot from the phone but u can from a comp. Anyone else have shot like mine and do you think my usage is good?
    iMore Beginner

Here a screen shot from a full days use. The phone was only plug in to sync a few songs.

14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Can u see this one? Looks like spades gonna have a better battery then me

iPhone Intermediate

um, hell yes.
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by OKCChuck View Post

um, hell yes.
    WOW!

I ran mine down to 20%, and I had 4 hours and 45 minutes. My 3GS would show usage of about 3 hours and 30 minutes at 20%.
    iPhone Beginner

I've had pretty good luck with mine. The battery life seems to be similar to my 3G but I keep the brightness up a lot higher on my i4. The display is just so beautiful!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    19,943 Global Posts

It would be better w/ photos w/o the phone
    being plugged since the last full charge. It
    would help a lot more with battery life.

Current Phones: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS & WebOS
    iPhone Newbie

Default Battery Usage

Hope someone can asnwer these for me. Is the battery life impacted by the number of apps running in the background, and if so, does anyone have an idea as to which ones use more battery life? For those who upgraded phones, would using a restore from backup as opposed to setting up a new phone has any detrimental affect on the battery life? Just asking these as mine seems to still blow through battery life like crazy and unsure how someone got so much standby unless that means no receipt of text messages and all apps are closed, was that the case?
    iPhone Intermediate

Airjan23, no. As long as they aren't like pandora or something. Then they don't effect your battery. Should the threads. There is one explaining it
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    19,943 Global Posts

They actually do effect battery, just very minimal.

Apps that are allowed to run in the background do
    effect battery. Streaming apps (like Pandora), GPS
    apps (like TomTom) and VoIP apps (Skype when
    updated).

Other apps that effect battery are the ones that
    run in the background that come on the device
    like the Mail app, Safari, etc..

iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    They actually do effect battery, just very minimal.

Apps that are allowed to run in the background do
    effect battery. Streaming apps (like Pandora), GPS
    apps (like TomTom) and VoIP apps (Skype when
    updated).

Other apps that effect battery are the ones that
    run in the background that come on the device
    like the Mail app, Safari, etc..
    So based on what I wrote, should I be blowing through battery life as I am? Any recommendations? Should I close all the apps after using them to conserve life? How does one even get 38 hours of standby?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    19,943 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airjan23 View Post
    So based on what I wrote, should I be blowing through battery life as I am? Any recommendations? Should I close all the apps after using them to conserve life? How does one even get 38 hours of standby?
    Restore like new. Definitely can improve the
    battery life. It has for me.

iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Restore like new. Definitely can improve the
    battery life. It has for me.
    Duvi, restore meaning wipe to factory settings and then re-install files?
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I think it does. Any other Pics of usage people full charge of course.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast