Iphone 4 Battery Performance.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone A LOT. I use it 8 hrs a day while at work, so my battery performance is just slightly better. Still will purchase a Mophie for it when they develop one.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
36 hours sounds excessively high to me (unless they weren't doing anything on it. We'll see.). I think it'll take a few cycles before we find out the real time. Usually it takes the software a few full drain/full charge cycles to best estimate battery life.

For my 3G, it used to die around 7 to 8 hours after a full day of playing MP3 podcasts for me (less if I played video podcasts). The iPhone 4 needs to exceed that.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My first full day of using a fully charged 4. I used my phone a little more than normal today. I streamed quite a bit of Pandora over 3G today, played a few games, and used productivity apps more than I usually do. This phone was in my hand the entire day. I pushed it really hard and didn't recharge once.

It's now a little after 7pm CST and I have 35% battery left. My 3g would have been dead by noon. I am very pleased with the battery life.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
My first full day of using a fully charged 4. I used my phone a little more than normal today. I streamed quite a bit of Pandora over 3G today, played a few games, and used productivity apps more than I usually do. This phone was in my hand the entire day. I pushed it really hard and didn't recharge once.

It's now a little after 7pm CST and I have 35% battery left. My 3g would have been dead by noon. I am very pleased with the battery life.

What time did you take it off the charger?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I was hoping that the battery would be improved this go around and it sounds like they did not disappoint!! :D Sweet!!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I definitely got over 24 hours w/ moderate use.

One thing is is improved significantly, is standby.
I would go to sleep without putting my 3Gs on
the charge and keeping it in standby, I'd wake
up to about 97% or less battery, depending on
how many emails I get throughout the night.

I was at a bar last night, use twitter a few times,
facebook twice and some web browsing for
some scored and I was under 20 percent. I got
home, went to bed, received some emails and
answer two 2 minute calls this morning to find my
device hadn't even hit the 10% warning yet.

I believe battery life in general has improved to.
Normal use usually gets me around 11-14 hours.
On this device with moderate use, it was over 24
hours.... I believe it was more than 27 hours, but
I'm 100% that it was over a whole day.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Now that I've had time to play/use the phone, I can see that the battery lasts much longer. This phone is awesome.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Engadget claimed 36 hours on a single charge with moderate usage. What is everyone seing? this is a huge sellng point for me and I am wondering if its performing as advertised. Sound off!!

I got mine on launch day and I still haven't charged it :p it is down to 31% though. Thats what I call battery life!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Went to EPCOT yesterday. Started with a full battery. Lots of pics, lots of video. Lots of phone calls and texts to the family when we got separated or went on different rides. Lots of no service areas that drain battery fast, and I didn't remember to turn WiFi off until I'd been at the park for an hour. After a full day, the battery was only down to about 43%. I was stunned!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not seeing those kinds of numbers... I am still not getting through the day... but this is my first iPhone, so I am sure that I am playing with it constantly... hopefully once I have it all configured just right and add the necessary apps, the battery life will stabilize...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices