Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshyy_rey View Post
    even if an app isnt fetching data in the the backgrund or active is it still killing battery? should I kill it out of multitaksing?
    If it's not actively pulling data, it's not killing battery, instead it may be just taking up memory, and killing the app will increase that instead.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Here's my battery useage right before I went to bed last night. I'm still impressed.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Here's my battery useage right before I went to bed last night. I'm still impressed.
    I can never go that long on a single charge. But then again, I am probably starting my commute to work well before you take the iPhone off the charger.

Mobile Me, Exchange, Yahoo Mail = Push
    Location Services = On
    BT = on (using BT stereo for about 1:30hrs during morning commute)
    Coverage = strong coverage except for the 20-30mins or so in the NYC subway

I would get to work at around 9'ish and be at 82 percent with heavy usage. At around lunch (12-12:30) I am around 50 percent.

If I don't charge at my PC at work, I'll just BARELY make it home with a charge. I usually get home around 7PM.
    iMore Intermediate

2:38 hours of usage today with 8 hours of stand by and 75% battery left. I've made several calls, texting, email, light web browsing and listening to iPod. Not bad at all. Way better than 3GS.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,143 Global Posts

Here's my usage on my iPhone 4...and I'm very IMPRESSED!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I usually wake up in the morning around 7:45 and play with my phone until 8:30 or 9, checking emails, texts, facebook, playing godfinger, doing some light web browsing maybe looking at a few gifs etc. all on my home wifi. During this time, my battery usually drops down to 85-75% and I put it back on the charger when I get in the shower and eat breakfast, just because I know it wont last through the day otherwise. I get done breakfast at probably like 10 or so and pull my phone off the charger, it's at 100%, and I power it on and off just to have a fresh slate, make sure no apps are running that I dont know about, whatever.

Usually by the time I leave the house at around 11, maybe later or sooner depending on the day, I'm down to 95% just from standby, and I turn wifi off before I leave the house. I plug my iphone into the cassette adapter in the car, and head out to work. Just like a 10 minute drive. I play with my phone lightly through the day. Texting, maybe a couple phone calls, some very light gaming and facebooking on my lunch break, and by the time I get out of work around 6, I've usually dropped down to about 40% or less.

Then I usually run some errands and such before I go home, hang out at someones house or something. My usage during this time, until about 8, is slightly increased. Mostly phone calls and texting. Maybe a little facebook. Maybe I'll whip out the ocarina app to play the song of time to impress the ladies. But by the time I get in bed at like 9:30 - 10:00, My phone is about to die. I keep forgetting to check usage, but I remember it being incredibly low compared to some other people's numbers, which makes me believe I'm doing something wrong here.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Your story definitely sounds different from mine. I never turn off WiFi - and am frequently out of any WiFi range, so I know it's searching. I also have a bajillion push notifications on, and they go off constantly.
    iPhone Intermediate

iPhone battery performance.

iPhone Newbie

i think in 4g its better than before
    Last edited by ajnabi; 07-31-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

OKCChuck
    "iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge."

Can't pull the wool over my eyes, I'm a detective.. LMAO

ajnabi
    it is definitely much better.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    OKCChuck
    "iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge."

Can't pull the wool over my eyes, I'm a detective.. LMAO

ajnabi
    it is definitely much better.
    was only plugged in because of my ipod charger for my car. wasn't for more than 15 minutes. still a really good thing. wasn't trying to pull any wool over. I could have done a quick photoshop if i really cared.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OKCChuck View Post
    iPhone battery performance.
    Don't be fooled by his usage....its probably a TON of ipod music.....If he were a power internet user with multiple push exchange accounts, lots of web, bluetooth always on, wifi always on, notifications on, etc. it would look a lot different.....
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by timberga View Post
    Don't be fooled by his usage....its probably a TON of ipod music.....If he were a power internet user with multiple push exchange accounts, lots of web, bluetooth always on, wifi always on, notifications on, etc. it would look a lot different.....
    usually yes. but past day or so, not so much. I usually get a to an 1 day plus a few hours when i use it reguarly. this was what it was today when I saw this thread.
    iPhone Intermediate

see it's pretty easy to just edit some stuff out and make it look normal. took me about 2 minutes

iPhone Intermediate

Case is supposed to fix reception, not battery.
    iPhone Intermediate

oh, mspain is easy.

iPhone Newbie

point is, your battery usage is "normal" for you. It is highly unlikely your battery is faulty if you dont get the amazing performance of others.

i had the 3gs but returned it and went back to my blackberry because the battery sucked. I am now using the 4 for almost a month and very pleased with battery life.
    iPhone Intermediate

LOL! nice.
    iPhone Newbie

What am I doing wrong? Are there settings I need to adjust because mine doesn't last half the day with moderate to heavy usage. My usage doesn't compare to others that are in this forum who are getting a full 24 hours in one full charge. Please help...I'm a noob.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kato10 View Post
    What am I doing wrong? Are there settings I need to adjust because mine doesn't last half the day with moderate to heavy usage. My usage doesn't compare to others that are in this forum who are getting a full 24 hours in one full charge. Please help...I'm a noob.
    Most users are getting 8 or 9 hours, but some have said that their battery life increased after charge cycles to that amount, but it started at 5 or 6 hours of moderate-heavy usage.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    Most users are getting 8 or 9 hours, but some have said that their battery life increased after charge cycles to that amount, but it started at 5 or 6 hours of moderate-heavy usage.
    Ahhhh...so I got mine on Thursday. Should I be worried. Should I disable push? Sorry...like I said, I'm a noob.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Engadget claimed 36 hours on a single charge with moderate usage. What is everyone seing? this is a huge sellng point for me and I am wondering if its performing as advertised. Sound off!!
    I can get 36 out of my iP4
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kato10 View Post
    Ahhhh...so I got mine on Thursday. Should I be worried. Should I disable push? Sorry...like I said, I'm a noob.
    Push has never really effected my battery life on the 3GS and I'm new to the iPhone 4 but I don't see it effecting my battery life now either.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts

battery life on my iPhone 4 is pretty great....

wondering if the Jailbreak will mess that up (if so, i won't JB)
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Fully charged the phone the day I bought it. Proceeded to play with the device and managed to go through a few days without the need to plug in to recharge. Granted this is mainly standby time, but it is impressive nonetheless. (And no I did not PS the photo, I am not BP and have no monetary interest in promoting a fake photo).
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast