Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Question Bummer! Emoji keyboard won't work on iOS 4

I got my iPhone updated to OS 4, which is awesome by the way. But it seems that my emoji keyboard is gone! I disabled emoji and re-enabled it on my iPhone, didn't work either.
    I downloaded several emoji apps, again, free and paid, only this one worked. LINK
    I can't figure out why but you know, one is better than none. My friends all had the same experience. Just wanna pass you the info if you can't live with smiley icons like I do.

And.... u r welcome.
    iMore Guru

1,661 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts

Not sure but I think mine is working.
    Last edited by chobbs1; 06-25-2010 at 01:17 AM.
    iPhone Elite

2,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Mine is definitely still working!
    TiPb Jailbreak Genius

906 Posts
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts

Mine works
    iMore Intermediate

443 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,974 Global Posts

If it doesn't work give it some time. I'm hearing more and more about keyboard issues (working/not working) in the new OS. From what I understand it sound like there was something in the beta that got left in that the developers have to now work around, and I'm sure the app approval process is really backed up with all the os4 updates.
    Do yourself and the developer a favor; if you are having issues with an app on os4 report it to the developer; 99% of the time they'll thank you.
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

+1 working. I didn't restore - just loaded everything new and used Emojifree. I think it was easier getting it to work this time than last time.
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

Took some time to get it working on my girlfriends new iPhone 4, found I had to restart the device after enabling the keyboard . I used the free app Spell Number.
    Last edited by big9erfan; 06-25-2010 at 08:04 AM.