Safari bookmark "Add to Home Screen" not working

bhougland

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Using the "Add to Home Screen" button within Safari on the iPhone 4 isn't working.

I've tested on my 3GS with iOS4, and this function works properly, so I suspect the issue is related to the iPhone 4 in some way (as little sense as that makes). Perhaps there's a setting somewhere, but I can't find one.

Anyone else? Ideas?

Enjoy your new phones. -BH

karrott

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It works for me, but it doesn't seem to recognize when sites have a custom icon for the hone screen. It just displays the screenshot of the site instead.

bhougland

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Solution to "Add to Home Screen" issue

teburgess from Chicago, IL posted a solution on the Apple Discussion boards that I tried and worked:

<quote>
I was able to get the bookmarks on home screen to work. I deleted the bookmarks. Then did a reset holding the home/sleep buttons. Once the phone rebooted I added the bookmarks back and synced the phone. Bookmarks are holding and working just fine.
</quote>

I labored through all my icons and determined which were bookmark links, and deleted them. Then I reset the phone. I did not sync as instructed above. I added a link back, and it started working again. I hope this helps others, and thanks to teburgess for his response on the Apple boards.

Cheers, -BH