Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Default Right side of iphone 4 is HOT/WARM

I'm fully aware of the antenna thing with bridging the two antennas. When I make a 10 min phone call the right side of the phone becomes Very warm, and service drops almost immediately. a 10 min phone call needed 5 call backs, when it was stated i had 4 bars of 3G and the other user had full 3G...

I dont know if its my phone and i should bring it back to apple or if a lot of people are experiencing this.
    iMore Expert

I just got off a 10 minute Face Time call and its as cool as can be. You might want to take it to Apple and see what they say/can do.

 iPhone 5S - 64GB Space Grey
     iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
     MacBook Pro - 250GB Aluminum Unibody
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,637 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Well keep this in mind. In the old model, the circuit board was bigger and more evenly distributed, dissipating heat better. In the new model, it is much smaller and does take up the entire right side. My guess is that is what you are feeling, the logic board getting hot. Should it get very hot? No. Should it get warm, yes.

I have felt the warmness, nothing alarming in my book.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

haha either way... within the time of my post and this response i called apple tech support with 2 dropped calls, went to the apple store and had them replace the phone, gotta love that apple will replace it.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

FaceTime doesn't use cellular data, just wifi, so hopefully it won't get too hot. I know standard calls can warm up the device.
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com &
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 6 64GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Good to hear

I remember my friend once talked on his 3G for 4 hours, the phone got so hot the screen became discolored and new phone was needed. So I was going to suggest you get it changed but didn't know they would have a phone to exchange it with now.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)