Article: Uh Oh, Is Apple's iPhone 4 A Lemon?

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Apple's
iPhone 4 is off to a rough start (sales numbers, excepted).

The phone is barely in the hands of consumers, and there have been widespread gripes from early adopters. Some of these aren't one-off whines either--in one case, they involve a legitimate concern that seems to affect every unit.

The biggest complaint to emerge is that the... haha you have to read the rest at the link below.

Read more: iPhone 4 Problems

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Apple's
iPhone 4 is off to a rough start (sales numbers, excepted).

The phone is barely in the hands of consumers, and there have been widespread gripes from early adopters. Some of these aren't one-off whines either--in one case, they involve a legitimate concern that seems to affect every unit.

The biggest complaint to emerge is that the... haha you have to read the rest at the link below.

Read more: PLUG REMOVED

Wow, way to plug your website bro.

you may also want to update the story since it is not JUST about touching the metal bands, but that holding it tightly on the lower left side (by the black notch) is what really kills the signal.

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow, way to plug your website bro.

you may also want to update the story since it is not JUST about touching the metal bands, but that holding it tightly on the lower left side (by the black notch) is what really kills the signal.

skep.gif

I'm 100% certain that the Business Insider is NOT his website.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
HA-HA. All I do is laugh at people with these issues. I am sorry. But I get a sense of happiness now knowing I wont see these issues when they later come to Canada.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
HA-HA. All I do is laugh at people with these issues. I am sorry. But I get a sense of happiness now knowing I wont see these issues when they later come to Canada.

The ills of being an early adopter. :mad: But I did get the bumper which seems to alleviate the problem.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
When I grab the phone by the sides. The signal indicator shows a reduction in signal strength yet I can still download data, make calls etc...are we sure it is actually blocking the signal or is it just fooling the signal strength indicator?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
When I grab the phone by the sides. The signal indicator shows a reduction in signal strength yet I can still download data, make calls etc...are we sure it is actually blocking the signal or is it just fooling the signal strength indicator?

That is a good point, but when it goes to searching and then eventually says no signal, you can't make a call or download data.

Then again all that would depend how how close or far you are from the tower too.

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
Well it was a one foot drop according to the article. I would think the new Gorilla glass could handle it. Might want to make it out of plastic if it will be that fragile. I have dropped my 3G phone from higher than that just yesterday with no problem. iFix youri did a test that is somewhat disheartening. Check it out. It is on the main page today. They better fix the signal issue. That is the last thing AT&T needs with their rep as having a sub par network.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site

You know what I laugh at, the thinly veiled jealousy of not getting the new iPhone while masquerading around as someone who is actually concerned about early adoption.

I am sorry too! After reading your "copy and paste" response more then several times (on this forum alone) of being "happy that you are from Canada and will get a new iPhone with all the kinks worked out". I just couldn't help myself.

Give it a break man. The new phone is the jazz, it's awesome, we have it and you want it (and will eventually get it!) we understand. No need to repeat yourself a thousand times!

Last edited:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You know what I laugh at thinly veiled jealousy of not getting the new iPhone masquerading as someone who is actually concerned about early adoption.

Agreed, I wondered if it was just me taking it that way, clearly NOT! It is almost in every thread! hahaha you morons, I am in Canada and you guys are getting burned, I am so happy when I get it all that will be fixed. hahaha. :cool:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is getting me enraged now, I seriously think these people need to clue the F in. Just because you post a picture of a shattered phone and say you dropped it from 1 ft doesn't make it so. We don't know who you are? we didn't see you drop it and it may just be a way to get traffic up. I find it hard to believe that iFixYouri or whatever had to drop the phone 3 times from 3.5 ft. and yet this time it was only from 1 ft. If someone wants to break something it will break, **** man until I get my phone in my hands or hear about the millions of people that this would be affecting STFU. Ok so maybe this was true take it to the Apple store, no manufacturing process is perfect, they were cranking these things out to get to Japan, Germany, UK, France and US so there will be some defective ones. The signal thing I find perplexing because I remember way back when I had old dummyphones holding the antennae used to increase the reception because it used your body like an anntennae LOL or atleast that's what we all thought but again until I have a phone and have the problem I'm not worried about it. I mean just look at the title of the article, tell me that's not to get traffic? it's not like they are truly concerned about us consumers.

It's not nice to make fun of us Canadians :( yes we have to wait 1 month maybe 2 and we may need to get that frustration out in the only way possible wishing we had it in our hands.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Come on DUDE. You gotta come better than Pamela. She's a dumpster fire now, that image is all plus-2's and photo-shop!

Last edited: