Article: Uh Oh, Is Apple's iPhone 4 A Lemon?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
This is getting me enraged now, I seriously think these people need to clue the F in. Just because you post a picture of a shattered phone and say you dropped it from 1 ft doesn't make it so. We don't know who you are? we didn't see you drop it and it may just be a way to get traffic up. I find it hard to believe that iFixYouri or whatever had to drop the phone 3 times from 3.5 ft. and yet this time it was only from 1 ft. If someone wants to break something it will break, **** man until I get my phone in my hands or hear about the millions of people that this would be affecting STFU. Ok so maybe this was true take it to the Apple store, no manufacturing process is perfect, they were cranking these things out to get to Japan, Germany, UK, France and US so there will be some defective ones. The signal thing I find perplexing because I remember way back when I had old dummyphones holding the antennae used to increase the reception because it used your body like an anntennae LOL or atleast that's what we all thought but again until I have a phone and have the problem I'm not worried about it. I mean just look at the title of the article, tell me that's not to get traffic? it's not like they are truly concerned about us consumers.

It's not nice to make fun of us Canadians :( yes we have to wait 1 month maybe 2 and we may need to get that frustration out in the only way possible wishing we had it in our hands.

I agree with you about the breaking of the glass. Is it really that shocking that if you drop glass onto concrete 3-4 feet high the glass shatters eventually? Plus to get a REAL test it would need to be a completely smooth surface free of debris. If the screen hit a small rock on the ground that would for sure crack the glass.

I mean come on....like others have said this is crazy to think now-a-days if you drop a smart phone enough times it WILL NOT break. It WILL break and if you drop it deal with it and replace it or get a dumb phone that wont break so easily.

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
No issues what so ever with my iPhone 4. I am noticing a little glitchy-ness, but that with be fixed when 4.01 comes out

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One thing about the ifixit's demonstration was whether or not they waited a week between drops, or days, or even hours? Maybe it was just back to back drops, which can cause a lot more stress on the glass.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@MsEYE
Safari acts weird for me a lot too. Don't like it. They need to fix a few things back to how they were. I especially HATE the new auto-complete, it doesn't go by title or by URL, and it doesn't eliminate sites that no longer apply to your input... Really annoying!

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Dude, you are an idiot! I appreciate you bestowing that amount of success on me but I can not take claim to Business Insider.. haha Too funny

Thanks for visiting though!

Wow, way to plug your website bro.

you may also want to update the story since it is not JUST about touching the metal bands, but that holding it tightly on the lower left side (by the black notch) is what really kills the signal.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
ifixyouri did a second drop test today I guess, and took four to shatter it.
YouTube - iPhone 4 Drop Test by iFixYouri.com

However, how many people are going to drop t heir phone consecutively like that. I think overall, it performed well. I just think TURNING IT ON ITS FACE and dropping it, isn't a great test. Could just be me.

Exactly, none of us know what they are doing **** I could hit my 3G with a ball-peen hamner ;) and put it on a site and claim to drop it from 6 inches. The face is glass so the easiest story is it will shatter sell your iPhones :mad: grrr when I hear about people returning their phones en masse different story.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
I realized that after I already posted it but you have to admit wouldn't you rather meet her than Justin Bieber?

See, you dealing in matters of perception. Define your meaning of "meet".

Two Examples:

1) I'm sitting at a packed cafe with almost no seating and Pamela asks to sit at my table? Ya, love to meet her. Never turn away a chance at some interesting conversation.

2) It's 4am and I'm walking down a back alley in a seedy part of town half drunk with a bottle of scotch in one hand and a rusty metal pipe in the other and low and behold Justin Beiber scampers down the same alley with nary another soul to be seen. I WOULD LOVE TO MEET HIM!

So really, depending on the situation, I wouldn't mind meeting either!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77