Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Anyone with 3G or 3GS thinking of downgrading back to 3.13?

In light of the bugs and issues with ios4, I'm thinking of downgrading back to 3.13 until Apple releases a more stable update.

I think I could wait for the new features in order to have a solid working OS.

Anyone else done this yet?

Joe.
    iPhone Nanite

How do you back down?
    iPhone Newbie

Hey Joe, I was thinking the same thing you were in my related post "wait for 4.1?" but I bit the bullet last night and did it!! It took about an hour to download the 380ish mb OS then about 15 minutes to install. It runs awesome and I notice my wi-fi is faster than before! The biggest plus for me was the "all inboxes" for mail, I have 3 accounts and wow is this a lot simpler especially when it links all threads together!! I love it! No issues so far!!
    iPhone Newbie

OOps I have to change my signature, NOW iOS4!!
    iPhone Intermediate

I haven't upgraded to iOS 4, and unless there is an untethered jailbreak on it's way I don't plan to upgrade either. I've come to rely on lockinfo, sbsettings, notifier, and other jb programs. Even then I was never that impressed with iOS 4 so if an untethered jailbreak does come out I don't see myself upgrading unless applications I rely on no longer support 3.1.3.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

I am going to roll back to 3.1.3 today. Its a little too buggy right now on the 3G, and drains my battery more than twice as fast as normal.

I am sure it will stabilize in later builds.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I found this link on how to downgrade the OS. Seems simple enough?

Woops, the site won't let me post the link due to my post count. Anyhow, I found instructions on gadgetsdna.dot.com

Joe.