i4 better battery life?

newiphoneuser

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am a blackberry user because the iphone doesnt have the battery life i desire. But i heard the battery life of the iphone 4 is amazingly longer than previous models. If so, i will switch. So for all those who received your i4 already, whats the opinion?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I am a blackberry user because the iphone doesnt have the battery life i desire. But i heard the battery life of the iphone 4 is amazingly longer than previous models. If so, i will switch. So for all those who received your i4 already, whats the opinion?

Too early to tell. I got home at 4pm, charged it to 90ish% and been playing with it on and off since. 6 hours later, a few calls, some texting, some games and some browsing I'm at 77%. I'll charge it fully tonight and not charge at work to see what a typical day is like for me.

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
This is a big one for many people, and we have some fairly surprising news to report. The battery life on the iPhone 4 has been outstanding thus far, exceeding our expectations for longevity during testing. We've only had a short time to use the phone, but in the week or so we've been carrying the device as our main phone, we've had pretty amazing results under normal to heavy use. In fact, we managed to squeeze more than 38 hours -- yes, 38 hours -- of life out of a single charge using the phone as we normally would. We're talking calls, some gaming, lots of push email and calendar invites, playing music over Bluetooth in the car, and just general testing (like downloading new apps, rearranging icons, tweaking settings). We went from 10:30AM on a Saturday morning till 1:00AM on Monday without needing to charge the phone. Of course, it switched itself off just after the clock struck 1, but it was thrilling -- like that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer and the car salesman see how far they can get in a car with the tank on E. Sitcom references aside, the battery life seems markedly improved in the iPhone 4, and why not? It's got a much larger battery coupled with that iPad-powering A4, which has already shown that it can sip rather than gulp power.

Once the rest of the team has their iPhones in hand, we'll do some hardcore battery life testing and see what we come up with, but we think under pretty active use, the iPhone 4 blows Apple's previous generation phone out of the water, and makes a lot of the competition look downright needy.
iPhone 4 review -- Engadget

Battery life has been an Achilles' heel with earlier versions of this device. It's noticeably improved, and that's a good thing, because much of what this device can do will require more power, over more time. You're gonna want more battery. With light use, but with 3G data and WiFi turned on the whole time, I got a full 4 days of battery life. With very heavy video recording and playback, instant messaging, email and data tethering over 3G, I got a full day of battery life. I didn't have enough time before this review to do careful benchmark testing against Apple's claims, so I can't provide specific percentages, but it felt like the battery life was a good 20-25% meatier.

Apple promises up to 7 hours of talk time on 3G and 14 hours of talk time on 2G, Standby time of up to 300 hours, up to 10 hours of solid use on Wi-Fi, up to 10 hours of video playback, and 40 hours of audio playback.

Compare that with the stats promised for Apple's iPhone 3GS: up to 5 hours talk time on 3G, up to 12 on 2G. Up to 5 hours of internet use on 3G, up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi. Up to 10 hours of video playback, and 30 hours of audio playback.
Apple iPhone 4: Hands-on review - Boing Boing

Apple claims longer battery life for most functions?seven hours of talk time, for instance, versus five hours on the earlier model. I didn't perform a precise battery test, but, even in heavy use, the iPhone 4's battery never reached the red zone on a single day of my tests.
New iPhone Keeps Apple Top of Class - WSJ.com

If what you care about, however, is size and shape, beauty and battery life, polish and pleasure, then the iPhone 4 is calling your name.
State of the Art - New iPhone Arrives, Rivals Beware - NYTimes.com

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh