View Poll Results: iPhone 4: What do you think?
- 412. You may not vote on this poll
I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahhh...its alright, no difference to me...
i didnt get one...
I dont like it!
Other: Please let us know what u think
- 06-30-2010, 01:36 PM #126iPhone Newbie
- 11 Posts
I upgraded from the original 2G iPhone to the 4 yesterday -
- This think is wicked fast! All the apps startup instantly and are usable right away.
- The screen is just marvelous! Retina or not its a pleasure to view!
- I can reproduce the reception problem - but it is easy to work around it (Thanks for the tip Steve! :-() and I find the call quality is way better than my 2G phone for sure.
- 3G is revelation to me! I was walking around the neighborhood while streaming a video and it kept up without a problem.
- The limited multi-tasking is a good enough to stream with Pandora or NPR while browsing or checking e-mail - this is really what I wanted most of multi-tasking.
- I love the new mail features - particularly the unified inbox and threaded mail!
I hope they do something about notifications in the next update - I hate to have all these notifications pop up when I am doing something else on the phone!
iPhone 4: My Opinion has changed!
as the title of my posts says, my opinion has changed, i thought it was me at 1st but then i went to apples forum and noticed over 35 pages, 513 posts of "proximity sensor issues!!!"Everytime im on a call, my face touches the screen and it either puts the call on mute, hold, or whatever else it does and its driving me crazy!!! What the hell was apple thinking putting out an iPhone 4 with sooo many OBVIOUS issues!! There is no way on GODS Green Earth that they didnt know about this!! Im really hating Apple right about now!! im officially pissed!!!
heres the link: Apple - Support - Discussions - Issue with Proximity Sensor during calls ...
- 06-30-2010, 07:46 PM #128iPhone Beginner
- 90 Posts
I really haven't had any MAJOR issues. Yes, i can reproduce the reception issue, but it hasn't really been a problem as i no longer palm my phone when i talk. I simply use just my fingers and i have yet to drop a call. I did not have yellow spots, nor have i noticed the proximity sensor problem. So,overall i am completely satisfied with my iphone 4.
- 07-01-2010, 10:38 AM #129
- 07-01-2010, 02:13 PM #130iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
I have noticed how the proximity sensor is a bit sluggish to turn off the screen and as a result I touch the screen with my face. The battery is great, I have been dealing with the antenna issue, hoping for a fix other than a case i.e. firmware update. I haven't noticed a speed increase over my 3GS but that is not to say that iPhone 4 is not "a screamer".
- 07-01-2010, 10:14 PM #131
i love this phone so much!! i had to drive for 2 hours just to find one at a best buy and let me tell you that it was so worth it! The display looks phenominal and the camera and hd video recording are awesome!! also the facetime feature is really cool!
- 07-01-2010, 11:05 PM #132
Now that I have had mine over a week, I have to say that I am flat out enjoying this phone. It is fast, the display is great and having multitasking is getting better and better as all my apps get updated to take full advantage of the new API's. In regards to the reception issue since getting the case this has simply not been an issue for me. Like so many others have said I really love the phone.
- 07-02-2010, 01:59 AM #133
- 07-03-2010, 10:00 AM #134
- 07-03-2010, 10:36 AM #135iPhone Nanite
- 6 Posts
I upgraded from the 3g, and I love this phone. I put a case on it as soon as it came out the box and had no antenna problems. I love the screen, the cameras, its sooooooo fast. I had TMO befor AT&T and AT&T is soooooooo much better, I rarely have bad reception or dropped calls, and At&T gives me a discount every month for being a state employee. I love the apps, i love that I can have my music and my phone in one device, I love the way Mobile Me works with my phone and my mac, I am a very happy customer.
- 07-04-2010, 12:26 AM #136
- 07-04-2010, 08:48 AM #137
I Love the Speed!!! The new features are also really nice, but I have two problems, dropping a lot of calls, i am assuming its the signal issue, since I can make the signal go away just by touching the phone in the "Wrong spot", and the phone has a rattle when you touch or tap on the top of the back (Around the camera and LED flash).
I hope apple can fix the issues, and the phone will be rockin!
- 07-04-2010, 12:16 PM #138
- 07-04-2010, 12:27 PM #139
- 07-04-2010, 07:20 PM #140
- 07-04-2010, 08:21 PM #141
I finally got to try my iPhone in the "Bermuda Triangle" up the road. I called my SO from the car as I approached the dead zone. Where all other phones have dropped the call, I lost a couple bars, but lost no call quality at all. Never did disconnect. I have tried at least a dozen phones over the years and not a single one has held a call through that dead spot. I love this thing!
- 07-04-2010, 10:13 PM #142
- 07-05-2010, 10:17 PM #143
- 07-05-2010, 10:26 PM #144
- 07-06-2010, 09:55 AM #145
- 07-06-2010, 10:25 AM #146
very happy with the speed and smoothness of the interface. the obvious issues I have with it are the ones that most people have (prox sensor, grip of death, etc), but it is definitely a giant leap from my iPhone 3G.
And comparing the screens, I am very surprised how blocky the 3G screen is, and how I was able to both deal with it and never even noticed the pixelation.
- 07-06-2010, 10:56 AM #147
- 07-06-2010, 05:25 PM #148
- 07-07-2010, 06:16 AM #149
- 07-07-2010, 05:32 PM #150