Are you happy with your iPhone 4?

iPhone 4: What do you think?

• I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 329 80.2%
  • ahhh...its alright, no difference to me...

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • i didnt get one...

Votes: 31 7.6%
  • I dont like it!

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • Other: Please let us know what u think

Votes: 16 3.9%

• Total voters

joec222

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Droid x please

I can't understand how everyone can be enamored with a smartphone that's not foremost a good phone. Now I have to carry an old flip phone just to be able to get a signal. The signal performance of this device is horrible if you are not in a very strong signal area. My old Motorola gets full bars and makes calls where the ip4 is still searching for a tower and getting warm in the process.

For Apple to suggest to just hold the phone differently is insulting.

This iteration of the iphone reminds me of iphone2g, just a cute little toy that needed lot's of work.

A company that heretofore produced high quality and great engineered products failed miserably on this one.

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Screen is STUNNING!

Not thrilled with the camera. Still requires good lighting to be useful.

Also, the antenna issue is very real. No big deal when reception is good, but dripped calls galore in bad spots.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't understand how everyone can be enamored with a smartphone that's not foremost a good phone. Now I have to carry an old flip phone just to be able to get a signal. The signal performance of this device is horrible if you are not in a very strong signal area. My old Motorola gets full bars and makes calls where the ip4 is still searching for a tower and getting warm in the process.

So basically what you are saying is you are experiencing the reception issue that so many are! Gotcha :p

It does make one wonder how many will end up bringing these phones back for this issue.

Statisticschick

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Here are some initial impressions (had the phone since about 3:00 PM EST):

1. The whole buying process was very smooth. Picked it up at my local AT&T store as soon as it came off the truck and it was activated and I was out the door in less than 15 minutes. I know not everyone had this experience, but I did and feel pretty fortunate. The longest part of the process was syncing it and loading all my apps and music (about 30 minutes).
2. Battery life is MUCH improved over my 3GS. That makes me happy.
3. Not sure yet how I feel about the more squarish design. It feels a little bulkier in my hand than my 3GS, but this may just take some getting used to. But it's noticeably thinner than my 3GS and that's always nice.
4. Modestly speedier than my 3GS. I would not say that the speed difference is hugely significant, but it's noticeable.
5. Screen resolution is AWESOME. It was the first thing I noticed when they handed the phone to me. Images are sharper than anything I have ever seen on a smart phone.
6. The cameras (video and still) are much improved. I love the flash and it was really helpful when filming some video last night in low light. Having the HD camera means that I don't have to carry around my other camera anymore (unless I need more storage).

While I really love my 4, I think the biggest improvement (for 3GS owners at least) was the update to the iOS 4.0. This new operating system is a huge improvement for later-model iphone users and I was really happy with it on my 3GS. While I love the iPhone 4, I would say that if you're not a heavy camera/video user and don't really need the extra speed and battery life, the new iOS will make your phone almost like new. That said, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the 4 model. Apple is rarely the first to do something, but they are always the first to do it the best.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Is it kinda weird what's popular around here? I guess people are more worried about bumpers.

Went to Barnes & Noble last night and i'm choosing 3G over their wifi. 3.5mbps 3G speed? My Sprint Pre would get eek out 800kbps on a good day. One thread on here about this has like 6 posts.

I'm not really the fanboy as you see in the iPad forums. But the iphone 4 is just on another level from the rest. Even the 3GS.

Amazing, gorgeous screen. Easy Facetime. Improved camera. HD video. Significantly speedier apps and task switching due to processor/ram bump. Faster browsing and 3G. Better battery life.

Even the syncs with itunes are a fraction of the 3GS.

So i'm definitely happy with the purchase. Not having reception issues but not exactly researching the proper way to duplicate drop calls :p Ignorance is bliss. Heck, i had to shove paper into the back of Palms to get them to work right. I think i can handle a case (or bumper) if it comes to it.

Hammer

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Dittos for me

aside from the signal issues, I am very happy with the phone. a huge improvement over my 3G when it comes to the quality of usage, again, aside from the signal issues. I put a case on it, and it seems to be helping quite a bit.

The whole signal issue and the way Jobz has blown us off really put a damper on the excitement for me.

The way he's insinuated that it's someone else's fault is truly insulting.:(

But I am expecting a iOS4.1 soon.

Hammer

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
You nailed it.

Screen is STUNNING!

Not thrilled with the camera. Still requires good lighting to be useful.

Also, the antenna issue is very real. No big deal when reception is good, but dripped calls galore in bad spots.

Your statement about the antenna is bang-on! My experience exactly. I was the first to report this to Apple tech support Wednesday and they thought I was a lunatic!:mad::mad::mad:

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
I love it! Even though I had to stand in line for 12 hours I glad I got it. As soon as I got it I did Factime call with some cool new people I had met in line. The 720 HD video recording is just AWESOME with iMovie. This is the best phone I have ever had!!!!!! Such a huge improvement over the iphone 3G.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Upgrading from a 3G, I'm EXTREMELY happy. The bumper solves the antennae issue for me. But seeing how I own a glass sandwich now, I am a little concerned about the first time I drop it.

JT1990

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
What is it you are so disappointed about and why do you think Apple is giving you the finger?

- Reception problems, bought bumper, still having problems. My 3Gs gets 5 bars in the same room. At home, I lose bars but keep service. At work, I have no service at all and my phone is useless. Never lost service with my 3Gs.

- Keyboard lags on multiple websites, on some sites it is very bad.

It is obvious that Apple knew about these problems, there is no way they could have missed them. They sold me a product which is clearly faulty and then they say that I am not holding it correctly.

Last edited:

n9wm

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I received mine yesterday but have not activated it as there is a vertical line of missing pixels down the screen probably 1 pixel wide. So I call Apple and they are having me take it to the Genius Bar so that they can fix it. Somehow I doubt they are prepared to do this yet. What I want is a new phone, not a repaired new phone and I want it now, not at the next available Genius bar appointment.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
- Reception problems, bought bumper, still having problems. My 3Gs gets 5 bars in the same room. At home, I lose bars but keep service. At work, I have no service at all and my phone is useless. Never lost service with my 3Gs.

- Keyboard lags on multiple websites, on some sites it is very bad.

It is obvious that Apple knew about these problems, there is no way they could have missed them. They sold me a product which is clearly faulty and then they say that I am not holding it correctly.

im confident that eventually someone with $ to spend will file a lawsuit and there will be a settlement like a few years back when the iPod Nano 1st Gen -Remember those lol- was released and there was a settlement because of the screen being able to get scratched without even trying...or if its iOS4, they will put out an update but i honestly think its the physical SS antenna but only time will tell.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I received mine yesterday but have not activated it as there is a vertical line of missing pixels down the screen probably 1 pixel wide. So I call Apple and they are having me take it to the Genius Bar so that they can fix it. Somehow I doubt they are prepared to do this yet. What I want is a new phone, not a repaired new phone and I want it now, not at the next available Genius bar appointment.

wow seriously!? Sorry for that issue u r having but i would go in there and DEMAND a NEW phone!! Can u take pix of it? i would like to see it, thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2