Are you happy with your iPhone 4?

iPhone 4: What do you think?

• I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 329 80.2%
  • ahhh...its alright, no difference to me...

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • i didnt get one...

Votes: 31 7.6%
  • I dont like it!

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • Other: Please let us know what u think

Votes: 16 3.9%

• Total voters

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
No signal issues that I can see, but I do see some keyboard slowness as I type this. Like there is a half second delay. Weird. The display is incredible.

jameslaz

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and by 3 PM I was up and running, I also got one for my Mom and after 2 hours talking her though the setup and activation process we were good to go and made my first Face Time call, a very cool feature. The only problem I had was signal strength. My wife was sitting next to me on her iphone 3GS with full signal and my iphone 4 kept going form no signal to full signal. I tried holding it different ways but no luck. Have not had time to really check it today. I did a speed test using the Speed Test App and the results were Download 0.20-0.57Mbps, Upload 0.05-0.88Mbps testing both Wi-Fi and 3G, I just checked it here at work on 3G and I got Download 1.48Mbps, Upload 1.6Mbps. My upload speeds in the past on my 3GS have been up to 5.72Mbps. Has me a bit concerned but I am sure it will all work out. Over all I love the phone, great photos and the DH video is amazing, I love the feel of the phone, now just need to get a good leather flip case for it.
I hope you all enjoy your iphones

Thank you,

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I am really enjoying this new phone. I am typing this to the beat of a groovy song on pandora, looking at a beautiful screen

mixicino

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm switching from a BB Storm 2 and I have to say it's so much better than I had thought it would be. Lucky for me I don't seem to have had any of the signal issues people are talking about no matter how I hold the phone. Glad I made this investment!

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Seems like users are satisfied. I think if you're like me coming from the iPhone 3G, the difference are going to be significant. I can't wait!

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Facetime - Its actually a neat feature, i just hope that more and more devices can come up with something compatible because for now, its just i4 to i4

Just making sure that everyone knows that front-facing cameras and video calls have been around for quite awhile now (not with US carrier locked phones of course). Please don't let Apple convince you that they were the first to come up with the idea. I still own a phone that was released in May 2008 that has a front-facing camera that will work with Skype and other third party apps.

However, I'm still excited about the future upgrade to an iphone 4 from a 3GS

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
In the limited time I owned it, I can safely say this is the best phone I've even owned/used. The screen is amazing, the weight feel is just right and the cameras are phenomenal.

My only issue so far is not with the phone but iOS 4, since I upgraded on my 3Gs on Monday and still today on the new phone, I'm continuing to have connection errors with the app store. Other than that, It's Perfect!

PS... I'm currently getting 570-777 kbps upload speeds. I only ever maxed out at 280 on my 3Gs.

Last edited:

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Of course it won't drop a bar.. the problem isn't iOS4, it's the IPHONE4.

The aluminum metal whatever it is around the phone, is actually the phone's antenna and people are having issues when using the phone because - the generally accepted theory - is that the human hand, being conductive, is interrupting the signal's outputted and inputted using the antenna.

Considering the antenna IS the body of the phone this is gonna be a tough one to fix, I find it hard to believe this sneaked right past Apple, they must have had people USING this device prior to release, it seems pretty apparent that they picked it up at some point during testing.

that doesnt make sense. i tried it on my iPHONE 4 and it did NOT drop! an iPhone 3G with iOS4 has the same issue.

Sarcone

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
So far I love it. I do have the reception issues when holding the left side, but I put it in a case and it seems to be fine now. I'll probably let the storm die down for a bit and see what Apple has to say about it.

MichelleRo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love this thing! I switched from a 3gs, I don't necessarily notice that much of a speed difference but the display is indescribable. Steve's quote that this changes everything again is accurate. I had the original iPhone, then the 3gs, and now the 4 -- this one is just as good as the original introduction. Well done, Apple, well done.
I did notice my signal drop when I held the phone in landscape mode while watching a YouTube video. I haven't used it enough to be annoyed yet but we shall see!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Apparently you guys must all be wrong because if you blow on it too hard the glass shatters ;):mad: sorry had to vent.

Sorry for lurking your thread but I must say how jealous I am but happy you guys are loving it I hope I will be joining the throngs in a month :D

karrott

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm very happy despite the fact that my phone is experiencing both major issues. Hopefully the screen will just correct itself, and Apple should be releasing a software update to address the signal issues.

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Pretty Good-Little Overhyped.

First off, I do like my iPhone 4, having upgraded from the 3GS. Can't tell a difference in terms of the speed of the processor. I thought the screen was WAY overrated; don't get me wrong, it is nice but not jaw dropping. I actually held my wife's 3GS to my iPhone 4 and yes there is a difference, but Apple's claims about it being years ahead is seriously a big joke. I also found the new screen to be much harder to see in sunlight than the 3GS.

The camera is really good; I was very impressed with this feature. The overall feel of the device is great if not "weird" due to the design, but I did find that it got much warmer than the 3GS and in my experience, the phone and data reception is far WORSE than the 3GS so far; I am hoping that a software update will fix this and soon. I need the ability to make calls and access email and so far the 3GS is much better for me in this area. Battery life was also talked about at the WWDC, and based on my usage (since it has been roughly the same as the 3GS in my short time with it) is about the same if not a little bit worse.

I do consider myself an iPhone fanatic and do love almost all things Apple (have a MacBook Pro, iPad, iPod, now iPhone 4), but I would say that the hype surrounding this phone was a little too much. If you have an iPhone 3G, definitely upgrade. If you have a 3GS, upgrade to iOS4 and really consider if the added features are worth the upgrade. For me, I just liked the newer style and like new stuff (and I was captured by the hype). Overall I believe the iPhone 4 is a good phone and software updates will improve some features, but I don't think it lives up to the claims by Apple that this phone "changes everything".

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I do consider myself an iPhone fanatic and do love almost all things Apple (have a MacBook Pro, iPad, iPod, now iPhone 4), but I would say that the hype surrounding this phone was a little too much. If you have an iPhone 3G, definitely upgrade. If you have a 3GS, upgrade to iOS4 and really consider if the added features are worth the upgrade. For me, I just liked the newer style and like new stuff (and I was captured by the hype). Overall I believe the iPhone 4 is a good phone and software updates will improve some features, but I don't think it lives up to the claims by Apple that this phone "changes everything".

So you really bought into all that?

I think it is a great phone, I am like you I don't see a huge speed difference. But I do see a great difference in the display. It is so much easier to read smaller text on. The colors pop and the text crisp and dark in comparison to the 3GS. We agree on the Cam and I especially love the high quality video. The speaker is improved as I notice no distortion when turned up all the way.

Steve Jobs and Apple is a Marketing Hype Machine... We should all know that by now.

I like the iPhone 4, but I think for those with a 3GS and iOS4 if you don't need to front facing cam and not interested in in FaceTime, want higher quality photos and video to use with iMovie, there is really no need to upgrade. I did because my son needed a new phone and he ended up with my 3GS, otherwise I would have held tight.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Hopefully I can vote in 8 hours...

It took about 6 more hours than I expected, but
definitely worth it. I got two and will have one
up for sale, possibly both when the white comes
out.

I haven't used it, but I already love it and the
screen is just out of this world beautiful.