Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 3Gs Problems

I have had this problem sense 3.1 when sending an sms or trying to do some multitasking in iOS 4 I keep typing and then it just stops and seems like it doesn't know that I am trying to touch a key and then I lock it and then I unlock it and it works fine and sometimes when doing multitasking it does the same thing won't let me slide. Anyone having these problems or can anyone help me with these... I might be getting an iPhone 4 but I don't know about my contract yet so I want to keep this one working well...(i have an iPhone 3Gs)

Last edited:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If you did an upgrade, you need to do a restore! We've seen many folks that have just done upgrades say their phone is lagging. You don't say which iPhone version you have. If you have a 3GS, then you should NOT have lag. A 3G you will have lag and there isn't much you can do about it.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If you did an upgrade, you need to do a restore! We've seen many folks that have just done upgrades say their phone is lagging. You don't say which iPhone version you have. If you have a 3GS, then you should NOT have lag. A 3G you will have lag and there isn't much you can do about it.

I have a 3Gs and it has been doing this sense I have gotten it...(3.1.2) It doesn't really lag but doesn't recognize really when I say type a text sometimes.

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Its the first 4th version of the os so there is going to be some issues and hopefully Apple will have it fixed soon. It can't be the lack of memory (RAM) unless you have the 3G.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Its the first 4th version of the os so there is going to be some issues and hopefully Apple will have it fixed soon. It can't be the lack of memory (RAM) unless you have the 3G.
Thanks a lot and I am running out of space to... I have about 1GB left of space left so I am going to try and get a 32GB iPhone 4... Thanks for all your help

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3Gs and it has been doing this sense I have gotten it...(3.1.2) It doesn't really lag but doesn't recognize really when I say type a text sometimes.

Again did you upgrade or restore? We've seen this reported a few times today and as I recall everyone that was having the lagging had upgraded, those that went back and restored found the problem went away!

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Again did you upgrade or restore? We've seen this reported a few times today and as I recall everyone that was having the lagging had upgraded, those that went back and restored found the problem went away!
Actually I used the iOS 4 GM seed and did an update with that... That might have been the problem but again I have had this problem sense really 3.1.2 and I never had this problem on my iPhone 3G or iPad I have now. And it only like stops. It doesn't freeze because the buttons work. Just doesn't think I am imputing anything...

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually I used the iOS 4 GM seed and did an update with that... That might have been the problem but again I have had this problem sense really 3.1.2 and I never had this problem on my iPhone 3G or iPad I have now. And it only like stops. It doesn't freeze because the buttons work. Just doesn't think I am imputing anything...

I'd do a restore to the public release and see what that does for you! The fact that it was doing it before and doing it now, it seems clear you carried someone over with your update. Clean Restore!!! That is what I'd do, but it is up to you.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd do a restore to the public release and see what that does for you! The fact that it was doing it before and doing it now, it seems clear you carried someone over with your update. Clean Restore!!! That is what I'd do, but it is up to you.
Thanks a lot. I might just see what the iPhone 4 gives me when I can get one depending on AT&T.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I might just see what the iPhone 4 gives me when I can get one depending on AT&T.

Okay... well good luck. The iPhone 4 rocks! Now if we could get a this antenna issue worked out then I'd be 100% satisfied! I know Apple will come up with something! They always do!

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay... well good luck. The iPhone 4 rocks! Now if we could get a this antenna issue worked out then I'd be 100% satisfied! I know Apple will come up with something! They always do!
Yeah during iPhone live they where saying the bumpers would fix that problem for right now but I am sure apple has something better planned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro