iPhone 4's antenna dilemma

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
lol it's gizmodo. I wouldn't trust anything they said. They are still upset because Jobs didn't invite them to wwdc.

The are just reporting what is being reported to them. I can replicate this on 5 iPhone 4's that we got at the office today for myself and 4 other employees. I seems legit. Some are saying not all phones are impacted, but I've not seen that reported. Right now its 100% at least in my experience! LOL

I don't want to blow this out of proportion though, so I say test yours yourself and see if you can verify it.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The are just reporting what is being reported to them. I can replicate this on 5 iPhone 4's that we got at the office today for myself and 4 other employees. I seems legit. Some are saying not all phones are impacted, but I've not seen that reported. Right now its 100% at least in my experience! LOL

I don't want to blow this out of proportion though, so I say test yours yourself and see if you can verify it.

I won't have mine until tomorrow, but I'm optimistic that the problem isn't wide spread, and if it is, apple will take care of it.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I won't have mine until tomorrow, but I'm optimistic that the problem isn't wide spread, and if it is, apple will take care of it.

Since I am able to take a cloth a put it between my hand and the aluminum antenna band and the reception remains perfect. I am glad I ordered those black bumpers, that still have not shipped!

I have little doubt that Apple will take care of this issue.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Since I am able to take a cloth a put it between my hand and the aluminum antenna band and the reception remains perfect. I am glad I ordered those black bumpers, that still have not shipped!

I have little doubt that Apple will take care of this issue.

I'm glad it doesn't affect everyone. Honestly I think if it was really wide spread there would be more people on here talking about it. Sucks it happened to you though. How is it doing besides the reception issue?

bjames2785

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure apple wouldn't release a device with a huge flaw like that, seeing as the only practical way to hold the phone would put your hand in contact with the band. S. Jobs def wouldn't have bragged about the antenna if it had this issue. if by the small chance apple would put out Iphone 4 with this downfall just buy a skin and problem solved.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad it doesn't affect everyone. Honestly I think if it was really wide spread there would be more people on here talking about it. Sucks it happened to you though. How is it doing besides the reception issue?

Well I don't know that it doesn't impact everyone. I just read someone else say that, but I've not seen anything that would give me that idea that it isn't widespread.

I am a bit disappointed in the speaker volume, seems lower to me than my 3GS, but I am still playing around, so I'll hold final judgement. The display is wonderful and it is fast. I love it. Did several FaceTime Chats, the clarity is unreal. Apple nailed this one!

I'm pretty sure apple wouldn't release a device with a huge flaw like that, seeing as the only practical way to hold the phone would put your hand in contact with the band. S. Jobs def wouldn't have bragged about the antenna if it had this issue. if by the small chance apple would put out Iphone 4 with this downfall just buy a skin and problem solved.

It is all over the internet. Would Apple release this without knowing there was an issue, anything is possible. We'll just have to see how this pans out. One thing for sure they are going to have to address this because it will get so much negative publicity, just what they didn't want in light of Verizon/Google's big Droid X release tomorrow.

paulrkiii

Sep 29, 2009
www.facebook.com
I don't know if it has anything to do with it but ever since I updated my 3gs with ios4 whenever I do anything with data it goes from 3g all 5 bars to edge with 1 or 2 bars...I'll have my iphone 4 tomorrow so I guess I'll find out more about this then...

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
just did a little reading guys, i'm currently eating my words lol. guess i'll be ordering a bumper or skin.

Well who would have thought?

I have the black bumpers on order, that I ordered when I ordered my iPhone 4. My plan is to put the Invisible Shield on it and then use the bumpers. I got the Invisible Shield already. I guess I am going to go ahead and put it on tonight. See if that helps at all.

The price we pay for being early adopters eh? hehehe :p

bjames2785

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Well who would have thought?

I have the black bumpers on order, that I ordered when I ordered my iPhone 4. My plan is to put the Invisible Shield on it and then use the bumpers. I got the Invisible Shield already. I guess I am going to go ahead and put it on tonight. See if that helps at all.

The price we pay for being early adopters eh? hehehe :p

lol exactly, and i haven't learned my lesson yet. im a gadget junky, i guess :D

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Depends

They have said that when holding the actual steel that the signal seems to go down for some odd reason. They are saying the bumper cases will help this problem but if you are holding the steel band antenna then thats probably the problem.