- 06-23-2010, 04:00 PM #101
- 06-23-2010, 04:00 PM #102
- 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM #103
- 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM #104
Well, the iPhone 4 pictures are bigger (as you would expect) but it is difficult (IMO) to make out a strong pixel difference. You might be able to see a little bit, but trust me, it is there and very visible!
EDIT: If you enlarge the smaller picture so they are the same size (which they would be on the iPhone), you can get an impression of the difference that the Retina display makes.
Last edited by cjvitek; 06-23-2010 at 04:12 PM.
- 06-23-2010, 04:06 PM #107
- 06-23-2010, 04:07 PM #108
- 06-23-2010, 04:08 PM #109
- 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM #110
- 06-23-2010, 04:20 PM #112
- 06-23-2010, 04:31 PM #113
- 06-23-2010, 04:36 PM #114
- 06-23-2010, 04:38 PM #115
- 06-23-2010, 04:39 PM #116
- 06-23-2010, 04:43 PM #117
- 06-23-2010, 04:47 PM #118
- 06-23-2010, 05:26 PM #119
- 06-23-2010, 05:37 PM #120
- 06-23-2010, 05:50 PM #121iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
I called FedEx and found that they encountered a "labeling issue" and sent it to the wrong zip code! They were so kind and friendly that I did not give them any grief. They assured me it would be delivered Thursday, so I guess I will have to wait another day. Dreading trying to activate during the big day. I may just wait till Saturday.
- 06-23-2010, 06:47 PM #122
- 06-23-2010, 07:03 PM #123
- 06-23-2010, 07:13 PM #124
My first impressions:
1. The screen is HOT. Not so much the home screen, but in pages where there's lots of text, like emails and safari, it makes all the difference.
2. The new camera is nice, but still a far cry from "very good" when the lighting isn't great. The truth is low light pics come out pretty nicely when you use the flash, but you have to turn it on manually as the "auto" setting very rarely has it kick in.
3. It doesn't feel like 1ghz. It's definitely faster than the 3gs, but there's still slight lag throughout.
4. Did I mention how awesome the screen is? It wasn't even one of the main reasons I bought it, rather a happy perk.
5. The front facing camera is quite impressive. I thought it would suck, but I'm very happily surprised.
Those are my first impressions.
- 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM #125
Got mine at 1:30p.m pst!!
Was on the phone in a "meeting" when the UPS driver came. Had to wait to open up the box until I got off the phone. It was torture. haha. Not much packaging inside the shipment box unfortunately. My iPhone box was just bouncing around everywhere I'm sure. Appears to be fine though.
I LOVE this thing.
It is seriously perfect. The photo and video quality is stunning.
And that screen spoils me...
SO much faster than my 3G, and love the multitasking.