Radio Shack Iphone 4 "pre Order" Fail

jpcaine

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
For some odd reason i decided to "pre order" my iphone 4 through radio shack. I was apprehensive from the start but the worker assured me that they would be able to fill my order on the 24th. Well yesterday I went into the store just to verify that everything was still a go. When i walked in the store the manager informed me that they will not be receiving any phones and blamed it on apple!!! Needless to say i wont be receiving an iphone 4 tomorrow and I'm suicidal!!! Well maybe not suicidal but pissed!!!

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
why did everybody not think about best buy. All i here about is AT&T and Apple issues. I went to best buy at 7 pm on preorder day and I was number 2! AND I LIVE IN CHICAGO. I'm guaranteed an iphone. Hopefully next year people will use their brains

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I will not order from anyone but apple. Best buy, AT&T, radio shack are sketchy at best.

And because I ordered from apple I'm getting my phone a day early. I like that!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I would generally try ordering/pre-ordering in the following order: Apple, AT&T, Best Buy...then it is a toss up between Walmart and Radio Shack. (Did Walmart even have pre-orders?)

Chris

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
why did everybody not think about best buy. All i here about is AT&T and Apple issues. I went to best buy at 7 pm on preorder day and I was number 2! AND I LIVE IN CHICAGO. I'm guaranteed an iphone. Hopefully next year people will use their brains

Dude, your not guaranteed anything til you get phone in hand. All you have is a best buy gift card right now. Did they give you something printed saying you're number 2 in line?

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Dude, your not guaranteed anything til you get phone in hand. All you have is a best buy gift card right now. Did they give you something printed saying you're number 2 in line?

Lol the best buy I went to puts you in order. They call you and make an appointment (basically putting the phone aside for you until you can come in) I was the second person. And yes, he pulled out his box of pre-order/reservations and there was a big ass (2) circled.

i AM guaranteed a phone. suck it

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Lol the best buy I went to puts you in order. They call you and make an appointment (basically putting the phone aside for you until you can come in) I was the second person. And yes, he pulled out his box of pre-order/reservations and there was a big ass (2) circled.

i AM guaranteed a phone. suck it

LOL..ok..good luck to you.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Radioshack didn't pre-order... You went in, they got a number, and they put it in the system. Sometimes, it got a phone, sometimes it didn't. I went Monday, the 14th, trying to maybe beat the rush and pre-order early because I heard some were doing it. They informed me they weren't pre-ordering and it was a lottery system if you got a phone.

Best Buy said you had to put $50 down to hold a phone, but you were almost guaranteed a phone.

So, I went simplistic finally and went to AT&T and booked it Tuesday about 11:30am, and my phone should arrive tomorrow before 2pm.

ShermR25

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Just went into my radio shack. Guy on phone last night said he had them. Now the manager said he's not sure if they are getting them yet. He will let me know today. Also said the pin numbers is just a request so they don't have to give t to you but he did say I will be getting the first one whenever they do come in. Please please come tonight. I want it! Then go see phish Tom.

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy arent guaranteed the iPhones either. My best friend ordered theirs through Best Buy and they GUARANTEED they would get them in for the 24th release date, and now they called her saying that they might not get theirs until later because Apple needs them. So no, you aren't guaranteed anything until it's in your hand.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
also my gf's brother is the manager. zing

Yeah thats something to brag about, him being manager at BestBuy, take away TV's and add French Fries and it's McDonalds. Nothing to brag about...

Also, no need to be a d!ck. People we're being kind no need to tell people to "suck it". Just sayin' bro. Be nice man, peopel on these boards are good, polite folks dont be an ass or you'll just get banned and miss out on the fun posts!

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah thats something to brag about, him being manager at BestBuy, take away TV's and add French Fries and it's McDonalds. Nothing to brag about...

Also, no need to be a d!ck. People we're being kind no need to tell people to "suck it". Just sayin' bro. Be nice man, peopel on these boards are good, polite folks dont be an ass or you'll just get banned and miss out on the fun posts!

lol the suck it part was just a joke. I haven't seriously said suck it since 1998. hahahaha.

And i wasn't braggin, just making a point that some people don't know everything.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
My brother just called the Radio Shack that he "pre-ordered" from and they told him everything is still good to go on getting his iPhone tomorrow.

However, my local Radio Shack took pre-orders and now won't be getting any in. Sucks for those who went through them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2