Will Apple have supply today?

pluggrh

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I preordered from the local Apple store and got the email saying to come pick it up anytime after 7:00am tomorrow. Since some of the units have shipped to individuals (and apparently Best Buy and Wal Mart as well) do you think there is any point to going in to the Apple store today and asking if i can go ahead and pick up the preorder?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Exactly. Apple is extremely strict. In fact, go ahead and ask if they will release it to you one day early. Let us know how it goes...

pluggrh

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I am going to be in the area so i may stop in and ask. I know the answer but the worst case is the 17 year old tech geek can tell me no.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You haven't fully accepted the idea that you'll have to pay the price tomorrow. It's gonna be a LONG line my friend.

pluggrh

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
You haven't fully accepted the idea that you'll have to pay the price tomorrow. It's gonna be a LONG line my friend.

The line might be long but it can't be that bad. I am in Alabama and let's just say we are not the tech capital of the world. When you crunch the numbers there cannot be that many people that preordered at the store i go to and supposedly there is a separate line for preorders. Who knows.

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
in previous years, apple got new stock in each day. any idea if this will happen this year? if so, do they get shipments in the morning or mid day?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
From what I've been reading Apple was planning to be making 4 million units a month, but due to the shortage of displays, it has reduce that number down to 2 million. I think there will be limited supplies much like the iPad for a while!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The line might be long but it can't be that bad. I am in Alabama and let's just say we are not the tech capital of the world. When you crunch the numbers there cannot be that many people that preordered at the store i go to and supposedly there is a separate line for preorders. Who knows.

haha...you see, i'm expecting the worse. If things go smoothly like you suggested, i'll consider it a bonus.

That's really the only place for walk-in buyers and i'm not buying the line that they'll have your phone all day if you reserved.

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.