Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Will Apple have supply today?

I preordered from the local Apple store and got the email saying to come pick it up anytime after 7:00am tomorrow. Since some of the units have shipped to individuals (and apparently Best Buy and Wal Mart as well) do you think there is any point to going in to the Apple store today and asking if i can go ahead and pick up the preorder?
    iPhone Nanite

dont waste your time
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,640 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Exactly. Apple is extremely strict. In fact, go ahead and ask if they will release it to you one day early. Let us know how it goes...
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I am going to be in the area so i may stop in and ask. I know the answer but the worst case is the 17 year old tech geek can tell me no.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,781 Global Posts

You haven't fully accepted the idea that you'll have to pay the price tomorrow. It's gonna be a LONG line my friend.
    iMore Intermediate

I think you've got a good shot. Report back to us once you do.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You haven't fully accepted the idea that you'll have to pay the price tomorrow. It's gonna be a LONG line my friend.
    The line might be long but it can't be that bad. I am in Alabama and let's just say we are not the tech capital of the world. When you crunch the numbers there cannot be that many people that preordered at the store i go to and supposedly there is a separate line for preorders. Who knows.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

in previous years, apple got new stock in each day. any idea if this will happen this year? if so, do they get shipments in the morning or mid day?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    iOS Version

From what I've been reading Apple was planning to be making 4 million units a month, but due to the shortage of displays, it has reduce that number down to 2 million. I think there will be limited supplies much like the iPad for a while!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,781 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pluggrh View Post
    The line might be long but it can't be that bad. I am in Alabama and let's just say we are not the tech capital of the world. When you crunch the numbers there cannot be that many people that preordered at the store i go to and supposedly there is a separate line for preorders. Who knows.
    haha...you see, i'm expecting the worse. If things go smoothly like you suggested, i'll consider it a bonus.

That's really the only place for walk-in buyers and i'm not buying the line that they'll have your phone all day if you reserved.

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.