Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

83 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default iPhone and iPad form factor

I very much like the iPad's and iPhone 4's form factors, but how long do you think they will last?

Do you think the iPhone will keep this new form for a while?

Do you think the next iPad will adopt the iPhone 4's double-sided glass form factor or stay the same?
    iMore Expert

910 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

Just my opinion but........I don't see the iPad adopting the same form factor as the new iPhone. I truly believe adding a pane of glass to the backside of the iPad would make it little too heavy. People don't want to be lugging around a brick all day. They want something light.
    iMore Intermediate

380 Posts
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

i doubt the iPad will get the double sided glass design. too much surface area to break.

and the iPhone 4 is barely even out yet, let alone in a useful state for everyone to mess with, so we don't even know yet how long the design will last before it "gets old", since it isn't even old yet,
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

I really like the 3GS/iPad form factor, I was a little disappointed when Apple switched up the look on the 4. It is still nice, but not the iPad look. I still want one!