Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default Walk-In Ease?

Do you think Apple stores will be adequately supplied or will they run out of stock early Thursday? Is Apple making enough to stock the shelves for the weekend? At what point, do you think you can just walk-in and get one without any hassles? Saturday? 1 week, 2 weeks?

When the original iPhone came out, I was easily able to get it for somebody on day 2 with no issues. On launch day there were tremendous lines and there was a lot of hype of diminishing product but Apple was smart enough to meet demand. I know the hype machine makes it seem like it's primarily pre-order (and it may be true) but perhaps ATT has no walk-ins and the others limited, so Apple can steer hardcore buyers into the Apple store they pick it up there (and maybe an iPad or MacBook Pro to boot).

I partly ask because I missed out on the pre-order and don't have the time to deal with lines and the madness.
    iMore Genius

3,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts

I'd wait a few days. If in line with the past launches, Apple will have a section on their website that will show which stores have inventory and which ones don't.