Increased battery life after iOS4?

meinvein

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has experienced longer battery life after the update? I unplug my phone every morning at 6:30AM before heading to work...I text a lot and check facebook fairly often...playing a game on occasion during my lunch break. Normally I've got my phone back on the charger in my office by 5PM....Today is different. It is now almost 11PM and from guessing at the battery icon, I would say I still have about 15-20% power left on the battery. I haven't changed my routine with the exception of keeping text, facebook, phone, beejive, and timepiece all running in the background. I've also shown a few people how the multitasking works throughout the day...so has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to let the battery run down and see how for it takes me before it drains if I'm not already asleep. Oh and by the way, I used about an hour of talk time a little while ago...fluke or bonus?:confused:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Better, not doubt about it. Using it yesterday in my normal routine and I had probably 15% more battery life left at the end of the day! I can deal with that!

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Mine seems to havegone the other direction. I'm running out quicker.

Same here. I've noticed considerably worse battery life. I actually have been using my phone LESS bc of my iPad and it is just horrific. Today I was using iheart radio for 20 mins and the battery went from 27% to 2%. Awful!!!! :mad:

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Really like your article

I find this article from google,it's extraordinarily salutary for me,I honest accumulate these infomation.I require subscribe the newsletter,do these articles bear copyright limit? can I post them in my blog?

dh96

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 3GS and my battery life went right in the toilet. I went to bed last night at 11 pm with 80% battery. I woke up around 5 am with 0% life. It was in standby the entire time.

AMVMommy

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My battery life for my 3GS iOS4 update is also not doing well. Fully charged this morning and at 80% before 11:00 AM with 2 phone calls and about 15 minutes of use checking mail and news. Not good.

pieroxy

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, on my end the battery time seems to be worse. Now, that said, it is very hard to measure because the iOS4 upgrade did change our habits in using the iPhone, at least in the first days. I spent probably an hour putting icons in folders, which I wouldn't have done. I guess the original poster went around the office showing off the multitasking, which is probably less battery intensive than checking facebook every now and then...

Who knows, really?

happycamping

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I have charged my phone twice today when I normally can go at least a day! This is not good! Not happy about this. I know I have a 3G but come on it shouldn't be this bad!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 3GS and my battery life went right in the toilet. I went to bed last night at 11 pm with 80% battery. I woke up around 5 am with 0% life. It was in standby the entire time.

Well you clearly had something running and eating up resources, not always visible either. I've had this happen even on 3.13. I usually always reboot my phone either when I first get up after an all night charge. If my battery isn't down enough to require a charge, sometimes I'll restart my phone before going to bed. This is just a habit I've gotten into due to the issue you've brought up.

I've continued this practice even with my iPhone 4. There is a program called iStat that is really good about showing you what all is active. I am always amazed at how much that drops when I restart my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro