Verizon iPhone next year?

dkknight4u

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I seen this in the paper today:

According to a Bloomberg News report, a version of the iPhone for Verizon Wireless could be available early next year, Barclays analyst James Ratcliffe wrote in a note to clients Tuesday.

"As the most popular handset in the marketplace, the iPhone should help drive subscribership" for Verizon, Ratcliffe wrote, according to Bloomberg. "We believe most of the activations will come from pent-up iPhone demand from Verizon's current subscriber base."

Got it from: www dot siliconvalley dot com/news/ci_15349900

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I think there would be many folks eat the ETF, just to get the hell away from AT&T.

I bet not. All my friends who hav iPhones, have no issues w/ AT&T. sam with myself, and my family back on the east coast. AT&T really isnt that bad. I am sure many others are in the same boat. You have to remember, the internet just breeds BS, I guarantee most of te hate on the net about AT&T s from people not even on AT&T. Seriously... honestly, I've lived everywhere in the country and have had every cell service in the US, they all have just sh*t areas, its just that way. It's not perfect, but it's still really good. Heck, I am sure people would leave, but I bet it would be way less than most would think. If the iPhone went to VZW, I'd gander AT&T would be just fine. To each his own....but seriously, ever year, week day, someone says Verizon iPhone coming blah blah blah, and it's never happend. I guess the iPhone to VZW is "keep hope alive" perspective of many.

Reactions: Mustang5Oh

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
As of now every single VZW iPhone rumor has been false. Until an official announcement from Apple and or VZW is made I say that we just put an end to all of this rumor BS.

Reactions: Mustang5Oh

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I bet not. All my friends who hav iPhones, have no issues w/ AT&T. sam with myself, and my family back on the east coast. AT&T really isnt that bad. honestly

I disagree because I think in some areas of the country where AT&T is pretty bad, those folks are apt to do so. I like you, have no issues with AT&T. It works great here, though 3G is limited to just the larger cities. Fortunately for me where I work and live I am covered like a ball in a glove with 3G service. I never have dropped calls or problems with data.

Unfortunately there are some major cities that this is simply not the case and those are the folks I feel would be apt to suck up that EFT and switch for Verizon.

This has been a rumor for years, but eventually it is likely going to happen! Apple has been stupid to stick with AT&T this long, but eventually they are going to realize just how many more phones they can sell by adding Verizon. Hell in my opinion they should just go ahead and add Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile let people have a choice as to which service they use. Why would that matter to Apple, though I do understand subsidizing does play into this. AT&T has been willing to give Apple a lot of money that perhaps Verizon would not have.

pluggrh

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I was always a huge verizon fan but made the switch to ATT just for the iPhone. Stupid question though - would verizon's coverage stay as strong if they carried the iPhone? Was ATTs service better before the mass influx of iPhone users came on board? Would verizon have to work to catch up like ATT? Or is that a separate issue?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
There was an article written up a bit ago about finding some court documents saying Apple and AT&T had exclusivity in the US until 2012. At that time, that contract can be extended/renewed. Which you bet AT&T will do whatever they can to do so.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Just more jealousy that ATT has exclusivity with the best cell phone product on the planet. VZW folks stir these rumors up because I suppose they are tired of waking up with inferior phones.

As for the cell service, I have had 3G coverage mostly everywhere I go. Short of being out in the damn boonies somewhere I have excellent services. If you're out in the sticks and your sh*t don't work...move.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Oh. My. God. This boring rumor again. I can't wait for the mass exodus of people fleeing to the other network(s). That just leaves more open airwaves for those who stay. I am an Analyst for my employer. Seriously, I am. Verizon will get the iPhone sometime in the next 3 years.

iregret

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Selling the iPhone 4 will probably cover the early termination fee. I'll stick with ATT. I effin hate Verizon. I've had a few bad experiences with them.

I just don't see Apple redesigning the iPhone just for Verizon. But I hope they do. It would probably sink Droid.

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaving Sprint for AT&T in August so I can get the iPhone 4. If Apple announces that the iPhone will be heading to Sprint in the next two years then you can beat your sweet behind that I'll be paying the ETF and heading back to Sprint!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
One other thing I'd like to say is the fact the internet/forums/blogs are places go at times to vent about issues. People don't come online to post how amazing things are (typically). They come online or complain about the bad things. So for all the bad we hear about AT&T there are thousands if not millions of AT&T users who have had little to no issues with the AT&T network. Just sayin' haha.

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
One other thing I'd like to say is the fact the internet/forums/blogs are places go at times to vent about issues. People don't come online to post how amazing things are (typically). They come online or complain about the bad things. So for all the bad we hear about AT&T there are thousands if not millions of AT&T users who have had little to no issues with the AT&T network. Just sayin' haha.

I'm not a member of AT&T yet but I can complain about one thing already: AT&T's plans do not even come close to comparing with Sprint's.

I used to have Cingular back in the day and I didn't have any problems so if things haven't changed much then I should be content with AT&T. :D

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a member of AT&T yet but I can complain about one thing already: AT&T's plans do not even come close to comparing with Sprint's.

I used to have Cingular back in the day and I didn't have any problems so if things haven't changed much then I should be content with AT&T. :D

There is a reason for that, for almost a year or more Sprint was bleeding customers like a man cut with a razor blade. They had to reduce their pricing and come up with cheaper plans. This is the only way they could keep what they had and attempt to gain some of their customers back. Have the HTC EVO has helped too.

I don't have a problem with AT&T's plans! Especially when I consider their coverage where I live vs Sprints. LOL

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There is a reason for that, for almost a year or more Sprint was bleeding customers like a man cut with a razor blade. They had to reduce their pricing and come up with cheaper plans. This is the only way they could keep what they had and attempt to gain some of their customers back. Have the HTC EVO has helped too.

I don't have a problem with AT&T's plans! Especially when I consider their coverage where I live vs Sprints. LOL

This plus I'm sure he is comparing a current AT&T contract to the Sprint contract he signed way back when.

I have no problems with AT&T. The only place I can't get a reliable 3G signal is at my parents house an hour east of the city I live in. Even then, it doesn't matter because I'm connected to their wifi.

In the end, I don't understand all the carrier fanboy-ism. If it works for you, good. If not, move on. It would be great if Verizon got the Iphne because it only means competition between the carriers and that=win for us.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
I was a verizon customer since my first phone back in 2000, I had read all of the rumors about how Verizon was the superior network and had greater coverage. In the northeast, Verizon is the carrier that most people use, in the West it seems that more people use att. I recently jumped on the AT&T bandwagon and I have not had any problems with dropped calls or poor service, I think it is just people who have never used AT&T saying how bad the network is. I heard all of the horror stories but decided to bit the bullet to get an iPhone and I have been very happy with the decision to change. I don't however live in a city like New York or San Francisco where the networks seem to be a little congested and pokey.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
honestly, for me, if the iPhone went to Verizon next year, I would not switch. I would sit it out a year and see what happens. I am all for getting caught up in a flood of new iPhone 4 users. I am not all for getting caught up in a flood of Verizon iPhone users on a previously iPhone-less network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73